Anyone still using the Century 100C Oil Machine?

This forum is for topics related to pro shop operation and bowling center maintenance.
Usual topics include: shop gear, fitting, drilling and lane maintenance.

Moderator: Moderators

TurnersClub

Re: Anyone still using the Century 100C Oil Machine?

Post by TurnersClub »

Thanks - We'll give it a shot. Yes, it's just one long felt the length of the tank / lane. It does look like it's just jammed in there, I just didn't want to "rip it out" to find out otherwise.

We're getting almost NO oil to the lane. The Buffer isn't bone dry, but it's not 'wet' either. The Wick is filthy and looks to be concave against the roller that transfers oil from the tank to the buffer, so it's probably time to replace the felt/wick (or at least turn it over)
JJakobsen
Certified Coach
Certified Coach
Sport Average: 180
Positive Axis Point: 3 1/2 right, 1 1/2 up
Speed: 15.5 downlane
Rev Rate: 450
Axis Tilt: 0
Axis Rotation: 30
Heavy Oil Ball: Storm Marvel Pearl
Medium Oil Ball: Brunswick Inferno
Light Oil Ball: Storm Timeless
Preferred Company: 900 Global

Post by JJakobsen »

Remember that too high wick pressure against the roller can also stop the oil flow, so make sure you don't have too much pressure on it before diagnosing the wick! :) Might save you some money.
68.2353°N 14.5636°E is where it happens!
TurnersClub

Post by TurnersClub »

The LC100-B we have has a 42" single wick in it. I only find 20, 28 or 36" wicks listed in the Users Manual.

Should I assume someone before me replaced this with something "aftermarket" of they pulled a Walt Disney and Mickey Mouse'd something here? We have plastic "shims" in front of the wick on each ends, so I think we can get away with 36". Or should I buy two, piece them together to get the needed 42"?

Any Suggestions?
TurnersClub

Post by TurnersClub »

JJakobsen wrote: December 8th, 2019, 11:44 pm Remember that too high wick pressure against the roller can also stop the oil flow, so make sure you don't have too much pressure on it before diagnosing the wick! :) Might save you some money.
Thanks - we'll check that too. It NEEDS to be replaced, but that will extend the life of the new one I'm sure!