Vise Vacuum System

This forum is for topics related to pro shop operation and bowling center maintenance.
Usual topics include: shop gear, fitting, drilling and lane maintenance.

Moderator: Moderators

MegaMav
THS Average: 225
Sport Average: 200
Positive Axis Point: 5.5 Over & 1 Up
Speed: 16.0 MPH - Camera
Rev Rate: 375
Axis Tilt: 14
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical - Informer
Medium Oil Ball: Brunswick - Fearless
Light Oil Ball: Radical - Bonus Pearl
Preferred Company: Radical Bowling Technologies

Re: Vise Vacuum System

Post by MegaMav »

I've got no experience, but check Mo's posts on the subject.

search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&author=mo+pinel" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
bowl1820
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by bowl1820 »

MegaMav wrote:I've got no experience, but check Mo's posts on the subject.

search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&author=mo+pinel" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
FYI: This thread isn't about "Vacu-grip" inserts or the fake vacu-grip, It's about Vise's "Vacuum" system for the Pro-shop for sucking up dust and shaving's.

VISE Vacuum System:
[youtube][/youtube]
"REMEMBER, it isn't how much the ball hooks, it's where."
Arkansas
BCU Graduate Layouts
BCU Graduate Layouts
Positive Axis Point: 4 1/2 Left x 3/4 Up
Speed: 18.5 off Hand
Rev Rate: 350
Axis Tilt: 17
Axis Rotation: 55
Heavy Oil Ball: Guru Mighty
Medium Oil Ball: Guru
Light Oil Ball: Torrid Affair
Preferred Company: Radical

Post by Arkansas »

The Kid wrote:Anyone here have experience with this system?
I had the system in my old shop before it shut down. Prior to buying it I had a vacuum under the workbench and a vacuum by the drill press and they were in 2 separate rooms. Vacuums were about 20 feet apart. I bought the system and bought a bigger vacuum, I don't remember the size, but it was from Home Depot I think. I stuck it in a cabinet in the back room and basically we just ran PVC everywhere we needed a hose. I wound up with 2 vacuums on the bench and the one at the press. There wasn't enough suction in the system to use all 3 of the hoses at once. The line furthest from the vacuum didn't suck well in that case. The main problem was you either had to leave to vacuum going all the time while in the shop, because you didn't want to walk to the back and turn it on everytime it was needed, or you had to had a switch that worked it from both rooms. I think we wound up getting some type of wireless switch setup. The bags filled up way too fast with all of the shop dust and trimmings going to one place, where before it was collected in 2 different containers.

Bottom line, I won't be purchasing it again if I do another shop.
James Talley
The Kid

Post by The Kid »

Thanks for the replies. Ours isn't used because of loss of suction. The PSO also mentioned three PVC pipes would get blocked in the corners. Oh well!
Vendetta
THS Average: 215
Positive Axis Point: 4 5/8 over 3/8 up
Speed: 16 mph off hand
Rev Rate: 210
Axis Tilt: 20
Axis Rotation: 75

Post by Vendetta »

Installed Vise system in shop 3 months ago. Vacuum in cupboard & noise dramatically reduced. No more dust ... air & shop are super clean. Lost some suction, but still enough to do a good job. Bags have ample capacity ... adjust bag when system indicates full & get a few more weeks of work/ball shavings. Key is "good configuration" for your specific shop .... 10-15 yrs from now your lungs will be thanking u!
JohnP
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 15 15/16 x 3/16
Speed: 13.5 (Qubica)
Axis Tilt: 13
Axis Rotation: 45

Post by JohnP »

You could place a separator on a metal garbage can (see link below) between the collection site and the vacuum source to minimize the dust that gets to the bag. If that reduces the vacuum too much Grizzly also has a 1 hp dust collector, second link below. -- JohnP

http://www.grizzly.com/products/30-Gall ... ator/W1049" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.grizzly.com/products/1-HP-Li ... ies/G1163P" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;