Where can I find a Vacu-Jig ball cup seal?

This forum is for topics related to pro shop operation and bowling center maintenance.
Usual topics include: shop gear, fitting, drilling and lane maintenance.

Moderator: Moderators

Vendetta
THS Average: 215
Positive Axis Point: 4 5/8 over 3/8 up
Speed: 16 mph off hand
Rev Rate: 210
Axis Tilt: 20
Axis Rotation: 75

Where can I find a Vacu-Jig ball cup seal?

Post by Vendetta »

We have a Vacu-Jig mill press from 1993 that still works great. Drills nice Ovals. However, our ball cup seal (orange colored rubber gasket) which fits around the ball-cup and ensures the ball is pressure locked in place before drilling has "grown legs." Not sure what other equipment these can used on, but someone has a plan. We've been trying for quite awhile to find a replacement, but to no avail. I guess the seal functionally lasts a lifetime and there seem to be no spares in inventory. We modified different brand/width gaskets, but none of them make a secure seal. We did modify the table on the press so a metal plate tightened with wing nuts can secure the ball in the cup for drilling. Not the optimum solution, but it does build patience (:

Is there anyone who has an additional seal for sale or do you know where one can be purchased? Appreciate any leads on this .....
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace
Preferred Company: MoRich, & now RADICAL BT

Re: Where can I find a Vacu-Jig ball cup seal?

Post by Mo Pinel »

Vendetta wrote:We have a Vacu-Jig mill press from 1993 that still works great. Drills nice Ovals. However, our ball cup seal (orange colored rubber gasket) which fits around the ball-cup and ensures the ball is pressure locked in place before drilling has "grown legs." Not sure what other equipment these can used on, but someone has a plan. We've been trying for quite awhile to find a replacement, but to no avail. I guess the seal functionally lasts a lifetime and there seem to be no spares in inventory. We modified different brand/width gaskets, but none of them make a secure seal. We did modify the table on the press so a metal plate tightened with wing nuts can secure the ball in the cup for drilling. Not the optimum solution, but it does build patience (:

Is there anyone who has an additional seal for sale or do you know where one can be purchased? Appreciate any leads on this .....
900 Global has purchased, or licensed, the Vacu-Jig. Call them or give Innovative Bowling a call. That's my best guess.
Rest In Peace (1942-2021)
JohnP
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 15 15/16 x 3/16
Speed: 13.5 (Qubica)
Axis Tilt: 13
Axis Rotation: 45

Post by JohnP »

The only other possible use I can think of for one of those would be on a ball spinner. -- JohnP
Tappster
Preferred Company: Track

Post by Tappster »

You can use whats called Nylon Rubber, its a roofing material.
Cut a round piece so it hangs over the edge of the cup on the jig and put a small hole in the middle. The ball sets on top of the material and creates a nice strong vacuum.

A few shops here in West Mich. use it.