Vise CS Hybrid vs. Vise Rapid Cure

This forum is for topics related to pro shop operation and bowling center maintenance.
Usual topics include: shop gear, fitting, drilling and lane maintenance.

Moderator: Moderators

lpc300

Vise CS Hybrid vs. Vise Rapid Cure

Post by lpc300 »

I've been doing plug work for a while, using Master Kwik Plug. I drill mostly for myself and like to experiment with quick changes to pitches or layouts, so how the ball looked really didn't matter much. I've been starting to experiment with color matching, something that Kwik Plug is terrible at, seemingly. I'd still like a fairly fast cure time, so I tried out Rapid Cure and have liked the results, so far. I am wondering how Rapid Cure stacks up to CS Hybrid in cure time and in color matching... and anything else that would distinguish the two.

Thanks in advance.
MineralitePaul
Preferred Company: Innovative

Re: Vise CS Hybrid vs. Vise Rapid Cure

Post by MineralitePaul »

CS Hybrid does not adhere to the ball very well. I’ve done a lot of experimenting with it — including but not limited to curing under 50psi of pressure. It just doesn’t last if you have a plug that winds up being partially drilled into such as with span adjustments.

The color mixing can be mastered somewhat, but if that was the only problem with the product, I would still be using it for general plug work. I use it as an underplug, thumb slugs and thumb molds and for non-bowling related uses.

All of these urethane resins have the same problem. If someone ever solves them, which I highly doubt as it’s problems are intrinsic, I’d jump right back in board with it.