Casting/copying thumb grip

This forum is for topics related to pro shop operation and bowling center maintenance.
Usual topics include: shop gear, fitting, drilling and lane maintenance.

Moderator: Moderators

nwohbowler
Positive Axis Point: 6 x 1
Speed: 17 foul line
Rev Rate: 440
Axis Tilt: 17
Axis Rotation: 70

Casting/copying thumb grip

Post by nwohbowler »

So, I finally got a thumb grip fit correctly. I've looked at a couple youtube videos for casting that one, but didn't really see anything about what to do after that. The shop I got the fitting done at is a bit of a drive so going there to get another switch grip made wouldn't really be all that convenient and of course the process of fine tuning to get a new one to match the current one would be time consuming with no real guarantee that it'll match exactly. Is this even something worth looking into? Is it something that I could just get done if I send out the current switch grip to get a couple of replacements made based on what I currently have?
Right handed
Rev Rate 420s
Ball speed at release 17
Axis point 6 3/16" and 1" up
Tilt 17 degrees
Rotation 70 degrees
MineralitePaul
Preferred Company: Innovative

Re: Casting/copying thumb grip

Post by MineralitePaul »

You can get a kit, such as Vise’s Exactacation Kit, to cast and mold your favorite tumb hole.
JohnP
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 15 15/16 x 3/16
Speed: 13.5 (Qubica)
Axis Tilt: 13
Axis Rotation: 45

Post by JohnP »

nwohbowler wrote:So, I finally got a thumb grip fit correctly. I've looked at a couple youtube videos for casting that one, but didn't really see anything about what to do after that. The shop I got the fitting done at is a bit of a drive so going there to get another switch grip made wouldn't really be all that convenient and of course the process of fine tuning to get a new one to match the current one would be time consuming with no real guarantee that it'll match exactly. Is this even something worth looking into? Is it something that I could just get done if I send out the current switch grip to get a couple of replacements made based on what I currently have?
Contact buddiesproshop.com (link below) and talk to them, I think they'll work something out with you. -- JohnP

https://www.buddiesproshop.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
imagonman
Preferred Company: Brunswick

Post by imagonman »

You might wanna look into ProEdge Custom Thumb. Norm Duke {MR. fidget w/ the thumb constantly} just did & went back to back'ers @ 55 & in the money a lot lately. Worth a look, contact Tom Laskow below:

https://www.proedgebowling.com/store1/-p88522610" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I had 10 different thumbholes in 10 balls. All supposedly drilled identical, but were NOT. Took my favorite one, made the master mold from that one & made a dozen thumb slugs for me. The wife also had thumb issues from 5 different balls. Made hers & put in all & what do you know, we both love them. Norm Duke just went to them as well bcuz of 'issues' he was having, gave a plug in interview after his latest title win in Jonesboro. You can do all this yourself @ home. Super easy to mold, cast the thumb slug & install. Give it a look!

[youtube][/youtube]
Last edited by imagonman on March 19th, 2019, 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
nwohbowler
Positive Axis Point: 6 x 1
Speed: 17 foul line
Rev Rate: 440
Axis Tilt: 17
Axis Rotation: 70

Post by nwohbowler »

imagonman wrote:You might wanna look into ProEdge Custom Thumb. Norm Duke {MR. fidget w/ the thumb constantly} just did & went back to back'ers @ 55 & in the money a lot lately. Worth a look, contact Tom Laskow below:

https://www.proedgebowling.com/store1/C" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... -p88522610

I had 10 different thumbholes in 10 balls. All supposedly drilled identical, but were NOT. Took my favorite one, made the master mold from that one & made a dozen thumb slugs for me. The wife also had thumb issues from 5 different balls. Made hers & put in all & what do you know, we both love them. Norm Duke just went to them as well bcuz of 'issues' he was having, gave a plug in interview after his latest title win in Jonesboro. You can do all this yourself @ home. Super easy to mold, cast the thumb slug & install. Give it a look!

[youtube][/youtube]
This is exactly what I was looking for. Not even a bad price if I just pickup the sample kit to make the one mold I need then pick up more plug material later when I need it. Much appreciated.
Right handed
Rev Rate 420s
Ball speed at release 17
Axis point 6 3/16" and 1" up
Tilt 17 degrees
Rotation 70 degrees
deanchamp
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
THS Average: 220

Post by deanchamp »

This is the link:

https://www.proedgebowling.com/ProEdge-Custom-Thumb" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
USBC Silver Level Coach
BCU Graduate - Mastery of Layouts
BTM contributor
MineralitePaul
Preferred Company: Innovative

Post by MineralitePaul »

Tom has such a good company. I’ve changed over to his product. I love the fact that you can stock the silicone casting cartridges with no fear of spoilage. Also, the no muss - no fuss mixing is great. Anyone who hand-writes a thank-you not on the receipt is going to support you. New Loyal customer here