Board index » General Forums » The Pro Shop

Post subject: Haus Tips
 Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:13 pm Post Number: #1 Post

Reputation Power: 1
Looking for some tips using the Haus machine with abralon pads. My questions are in regard to time and water. Im generally doing 2 minutes with 500 grit, and a minute for the next grit. I'm also using a steady drip of water and wetting the pads and ball before.

My main issue is that I'm getting rounded holes and the edges of the logos are rounded as well. Is this normal for the Haus? With the diamonds rings I get no rounding, it seems to happen from the abralon steps.

My experience is limited to sanding and polishing on a ball spinner, but not full resurfacing, any tips are greatly appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Haus Tips
 Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:10 pm Post Number: #2 Post
Pro Shop

dozer324 wrote:
Looking for some tips using the Haus machine with abralon pads. My questions are in regard to time and water. Im generally doing 2 minutes with 500 grit, and a minute for the next grit. I'm also using a steady drip of water and wetting the pads and ball before.

My main issue is that I'm getting rounded holes and the edges of the logos are rounded as well. Is this normal for the Haus? With the diamonds rings I get no rounding, it seems to happen from the abralon steps.

My experience is limited to sanding and polishing on a ball spinner, but not full resurfacing, any tips are greatly appreciated.

I have had my share of experinces with Haus from rebuilding Gen1 to designing plastic wheels instead of using metal to put the pads on.

For your questions...

I have not had issues with rounding holes. What wheels are you using to put on the pads, the ring type or the full disk? The ring type will only put pressure on where the ring makes contact with the pads.

For logos, Yes. you will sometimes see the edges start to feather away.

What are you using as material to sand? Abralon or 3M pads?

Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:39 am Post Number: #3 Post
BCU Graduate Layouts

Reputation Power: 2
I believe the rounding issues are caused by the soft backing on the pads allowing the abrasive to drop into the holes of the ball slightly.

I use graduated velcro/plastic sanding inserts on CAB for resurfacing and plug cutting on a spinner. No dishing of the holes or engravings with this method.
I use the SAAIR pads on CAB for adjusting the bowling surface.

RH
PAP: 5.625" x 0
REVRATE: 360
SPEED: 17mph at release
AR: 55º
AT: 7º

Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:15 pm Post Number: #4 Post

MeNoRevs wrote:

I have had my share of experinces with Haus from rebuilding Gen1 to designing plastic wheels instead of using metal to put the pads on.

For your questions...

I have not had issues with rounding holes. What wheels are you using to put on the pads, the ring type or the full disk? The ring type will only put pressure on where the ring makes contact with the pads.

For logos, Yes. you will sometimes see the edges start to feather away.

What are you using as material to sand? Abralon or 3M pads?

I'm using the full disks with abralon pads, I have a feeling it is due to the cushion of the pad allowing it to round the edges.

I can use the diamond rings with abralon pads???

Board index » General Forums » The Pro Shop