CG in ring finger?

This forum is for topics related to pro shop operation and bowling center maintenance.
Usual topics include: shop gear, fitting, drilling and lane maintenance.

Moderator: Moderators

lpc300

CG in ring finger?

Post by lpc300 »

I'm about to drill up a Storm Code Black for a very tight condition. Decided to go with 45x4x30. 55x4x30 worked OK for the No Rules Solid, but I wanted a bit earlier reaction with the Code Black. The layout puts the CG in the ring finger, which I always thought was a no-no. My PAP is 3 1/4 right 5/8 up. Should I drill the ball like this?
lpc300

Re: CG in ring finger?

Post by lpc300 »

Oh, and for more information. On the Code Black, the CG is about 1 1/2 inches under the Pin. I was going to do the same drilling on a Brunswick Forest Green Quantum and I didn't run into the same problem... but of course, the CG was close to 4 inches under the pin.
stevespo
THS Average: 225
Positive Axis Point: 5.75" x + 3/8"
Speed: 17+ off hand (camera)
Rev Rate: 375
Axis Tilt: 12
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Phaze II, Altered Reality
Medium Oil Ball: IQ Tour Nano, Zen, Phase III
Light Oil Ball: Electrify Pearl

Re: CG in ring finger?

Post by stevespo »

I've done this a couple of times, with no issues at all. You may need to drill the ring finger a little deeper to reduce finger weight, but possibly not.
exile.jpg
This Exile is still one of my favorite balls on the higher friction house shots, drilled 60x5.75x45. Creates a nice angle, but not flippy with my roll/release.

Steve
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
16 mph (14-14.5 on monitor), 375 rpm, PAP 5 1/2 x 3/8 up, AT: 12*, AR: 45*