Mo Pinel’s Skip-a-Grit

This forum is for topics related to pro shop operation and bowling center maintenance.
Usual topics include: shop gear, fitting, drilling and lane maintenance.

Moderator: Moderators

pjape

Re: Mo Pinel’s Skip-a-Grit

Post by pjape »

TonyPR wrote:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What's very interesting to me is the short amount of time on each side of the ball. Everything I've read in the past says the initial grit should be 30 seconds a side. Michael was doing nowhere near that long. Maybe 30 seconds is too long.

Also, is it possible to have the pad too wet? When I do a ball, I hold the pad under the spigot and get it totally soaked. I'll squeeze out just a bit so I don't have a mess, and start sanding. Is this wrong?

I think I'll go ahead and try this method tomorrow and see what my ball reaction is like.
spmcgivern
THS Average: 225
Positive Axis Point: 4 3/4" and 1/4" up
Speed: 17-18 at pindeck
Rev Rate: 400

Re: Mo Pinel’s Skip-a-Grit

Post by spmcgivern »

pjape wrote:
What's very interesting to me is the short amount of time on each side of the ball. Everything I've read in the past says the initial grit should be 30 seconds a side. Michael was doing nowhere near that long. Maybe 30 seconds is too long.

Also, is it possible to have the pad too wet? When I do a ball, I hold the pad under the spigot and get it totally soaked. I'll squeeze out just a bit so I don't have a mess, and start sanding. Is this wrong?

I think I'll go ahead and try this method tomorrow and see what my ball reaction is like.
I don't think there is a wrong way to resurface as long as you can replicate your method. I have seen bowlers use dry pads and pads soaked enough to spray water all over the place. There is a difference, but whatever method you use to make the proper adjustments for what you need, that is the correct method.