PITCHING THE FINGERS

This forum is for topics related to pro shop operation and bowling center maintenance.
Usual topics include: shop gear, fitting, drilling and lane maintenance.

Moderator: Moderators

uscore
Preferred Company: track

PITCHING THE FINGERS

Post by uscore »

I have always drilled my fingers zero and install 1/4 pitched finger grips but i want to try the away from the palm pitch.So with a span of 4 7/8 both fingers and whats your suggestion for your max pitch on the fingers using resign bowling ball,Does this give me more roll or roll out??
TomaHawk
Pro Shop
Pro Shop

Re: PITCHING THE FINGERS

Post by TomaHawk »

Increasing the reverse pitch in the fingers does not necessarily translate into more or less roll. It could help in releasing the ball into the floor on a downward motion though. That is the release mechanism we are trying to achieve.
uscore

Post by uscore »

Do i need to change the reverse pitch on my thumb?
TomaHawk
Pro Shop
Pro Shop

Post by TomaHawk »

It depends on the amount of reverse you are using at this point in time.

Observation, the pitch in your fingers seems to be excessive. One thing you could try is the oval inserts. Doing so will effectively change the amount of finger pitch to -0-.
JohnP
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 15 15/16 x 3/16
Speed: 13.5 (Qubica)
Axis Tilt: 13
Axis Rotation: 45

Post by JohnP »

For experimentation purposes I'd suggest drilling the pilot holes at 3/8" reverse pitch and use grips without any forward added. This will be an effective change of 1/2" and will give you a chance to see how reverse pitch feels. Don't change your spans at first, see how the reverse feels and then adjust. -- JohnP
TomaHawk
Pro Shop
Pro Shop

Post by TomaHawk »

JohnP wrote:For experimentation purposes I'd suggest drilling the pilot holes at 3/8" reverse pitch and use grips without any forward added. This will be an effective change of 1/2" and will give you a chance to see how reverse pitch feels. Don't change your spans at first, see how the reverse feels and then adjust. -- JohnP
Assuming his thumb pitch (reverse) is not excessive, this would be the second phase of a grip adjustment.
uscore

Post by uscore »

With a cup wrist or a broken wrist which one gives me a better roll ?
TomaHawk
Pro Shop
Pro Shop

Post by TomaHawk »

Cupping encourages gripping the ball tightly, cradling the ball would be a better term.

Any hand position is effective if the correct one is used for the condition they are bowling on. Focus on holding the ball with as little pressure as possible. The ball will respond more effectively.
uscore

Post by uscore »

Will do ! let you know the out come.