Question about my fit

This forum is for topics related to pro shop operation and bowling center maintenance.
Usual topics include: shop gear, fitting, drilling and lane maintenance.

Moderator: Moderators

jvh42
Preferred Company: Motiv

Question about my fit

Post by jvh42 »

Hey guys, been having a lot of frustration with trying to keep my hand behind the ball into my release. Took lessons as well and my coach (PBA touring pro) is very happy with everything I do up until the release where I turn the ball early. Strangely, I do not do this with my right hand (I am lefty) and can do the yo-yo release perfectly and put more revs on the ball than with my left hand. I have attached a few pics to see if that gap between the pad of my palm on my left hand is too much when compared to my right. The phaze II pic is me normally gripping the ball and the shock is with me forcing to get my palm to touch the ball completely. The rhino pic is with my right hand, this is my gf's ball and her ball fits comfortably in my hand. Does anyone think there is something wrong with my drilling fit? IS the entire palm supposed to touch the ball? With taking video of a 1 step drill, the ball stays on line longer and my hand behind the ball with my right hand much better than the left and looks more stable. Any comments and input are appreciated. Thanks!

Phaze II (Left hand, natural grip): " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shock (Left hand, trying to force palm down): " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rhino (Right hand, natural grip): " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JohnP
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 15 15/16 x 3/16
Speed: 13.5 (Qubica)
Axis Tilt: 13
Axis Rotation: 45

Re: Question about my fit

Post by JohnP »

We need to be able to see where your fingers line up with the gripping surfaces. Mark the point halfway between the two finger joints with a Sharpie, put your thumb completely into its hole and lay the fingers over their holes without stretching them so we can see the marks you made. They should fall on the gripping surfaces if the spans are right. -- JohnP