Two handed triangle layout

This forum is for topics related to pro shop operation and bowling center maintenance.
Usual topics include: shop gear, fitting, drilling and lane maintenance.

Moderator: Moderators

Twitch1989

Two handed triangle layout

Post by Twitch1989 »

Hi I've been bowling two handed for about a year and a half now. I've had to get rid of most of my old balls due to the balence hole adding the fourth hole wich is no illegal for two handers and no thumb. Recently I came across a new layout that I had not seen. The Two handed triangle layout turning 1 layout into 6. ://www.bowlingball.com/wordpress/twohanded ... ing-layout?
The question I had can this layout be applied to anytype of ball or is there only certian types that can use it?
EricHartwell
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 4-3/4" and 1/2"up
Speed: 16 off hand
Rev Rate: 330
Axis Tilt: 12
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical Tremendous, EVO solid, Hammer Obsession
Medium Oil Ball: EVO pearl, True Motion, Columbia Command, DV8 Intimidator
Light Oil Ball: Blue Hammer

Re: Two handed triangle layout

Post by EricHartwell »

Twitch1989 wrote:Hi I've been bowling two handed for about a year and a half now. I've had to get rid of most of my old balls due to the balence hole adding the fourth hole wich is no illegal for two handers and no thumb. Recently I came across a new layout that I had not seen. The Two handed triangle layout turning 1 layout into 6. ://www.bowlingball.com/wordpress/twohanded ... ing-layout?
The question I had can this layout be applied to anytype of ball or is there only certian types that can use it?
You could try it on any ball but I can't tell you what kind of reactions you are going to get. There are just too many different combinations of pin position for Symmetricals or pin and PSA positions for Asymmetricals, along with all the different pin to Cg distances. I would have to analyse each drilling seperately with lots of drawing on a ball to figure them out.

The issue I see with the triangle layout is the finger pitches. You would be hemmed in to using what keeps the holes from intersecting not necessarily what is comfortable for you.

I don't know this for fact, but I have heard that for tournaments that limit the number of balls you can use it counts as 6 balls. A ball with just 2 finger holes counts as 2.
Eric Hartwell

Right Handed
PAP 4.75" up 1/2"
45* rotation
12* tilt
330 rev rate
16 mph off hand
bowl1820
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Re: Two handed triangle layout

Post by bowl1820 »

EricHartwell wrote: I don't know this for fact, but I have heard that for tournaments that limit the number of balls you can use it counts as 6 balls. A ball with just 2 finger holes counts as 2.
Yes the USBC ruled that for tournaments that have limits on the number of balls used.

The “Triangle” grip will count as six balls.
Plus, The “Wi-Fit” or “Duo” grip, will count as two balls.

Another problem with these exotic grips is you can't use finger inserts in the holes. Because since the unused hole is considered a weight hole, it can't have a insert in it.

here is post made in another forum by a user named NoThumbNoProblem about the ball reaction using the triangle grip.
Now that I've had some time to shoot around with the ball a bit more, I've gotten a much better idea on how each orientation works. Keep in mind that this is on a 40' house shot and the diagrams I made are not to scale or computer generated. I just wanted to make a visual representation in paint based on my notes. I kept track of where I stood, aimed, and the shape for each orientation.

Here are my findings. I've included the shapes and what I expect I'll be using each for. Your results may vary.

Basic Notes:
12': "Toasty"- Behaves a lot like a urethane. Smooth roll, doesn't overreact, continuous. Little overall hook.
2': Short (Fresh)- Long, quicker reaction to dry
4': Long (Broken)- Reads early, smooth roll
6': Long (Fresh)- Reads early, turns hard and fast
8': "House"- Versatile. Reads a bit late, continuous, smooth. Good recovery.
10': Short (Broken)- Long, smooth roll, little hook overall.

Once they start to put out the sport patterns I can get a better feel of how they each preform.
Ball: DV8 Thug Corrupt

Duo grip info
[youtube][/youtube]
"REMEMBER, it isn't how much the ball hooks, it's where."