Oil Pattern Sheet, Somebody Explain

This forum is for topics related to pro shop operation and bowling center maintenance.
Usual topics include: shop gear, fitting, drilling and lane maintenance.

Moderator: Moderators

2y2
Certified Coach
Certified Coach
Positive Axis Point: 5 1/8 and 3/8 over
Speed: 17 mph
Rev Rate: 350
Axis Tilt: 10º
Axis Rotation: 45º
Heavy Oil Ball: Storm CodeX
Medium Oil Ball: Brunswick Python
Light Oil Ball: Pitch Blue
Preferred Company: None

Oil Pattern Sheet, Somebody Explain

Post by 2y2 »

Hello,
I'm comparing KOSI sheets with A22 sheets for the same patterns because I'm developing a way to translate oil patterns from one machine to the other one. I'll put 2017 Stockholm pattern as an example here, it is a 36' pattern with 26.885 ml volume. In the KOSI Sheet everything is very accurate with the numbers and very clear but the A22/Envoy sheet has some inconsistencies (See the attached files below)
WB-Stockholm-36_17.pdf
WB_Stockholm_36_2017.pdf
Both of the sheets state the same volume so I took the Brunswick sheet and sum all the loads to find what the volume of one load is. 1 load=3.25 µL

What caught my attention is that in the Brunswick sheet it states zone volumes as follows (The tables below):
AnalisisStockholmA22.pdf
Zone 1: 10.47 mL
Zone 2: 5.07 mL
Zone 3: 9.50 mL
Zone 4: 1.84 mL
Zone 5: 0 mL
Total: 26.88 mL

Using the µL values instead of the load values I got these results:
Zone 1: 8.12 mL
Zone 2: 7.86 mL
Zone 3: 6.14 mL
Zone 4: 4.76 mL
Zone 5: 0 mL
Total: 26.88 mL

Can anyone explain this discrepancy please?, I think the person who wrote the sheet made a mistake it does not correspond with the original number sums per zone.

I made a graphic to compare both the kegel and the Brunswick pattern design, though they look similar they're not equal. A22/Envoy are very capable to reproduce the exact same pattern for they're far more accurate because of the way they work. In the KOSI sheet we have 8 zones forward and 4 reverse, considering the combination of both we can identify 9 zones total. A22 brunswick only use 5 zones total, the Brunswick sheet can use as much as 8 zones. I like how much the brunswick one resembles to the dye patterns they put in the PBA televised finals.
Kosi-BrunswickComparison.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If you think I helped, please click on the "+" button, Thanks.