Board index » General Forums » The Pro Shop

Post subject: Oil Pattern Sheet, Somebody Explain
 Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:53 am Post Number: #1 Post

Reputation Power: 2
I'm comparing KOSI sheets with A22 sheets for the same patterns because I'm developing a way to translate oil patterns from one machine to the other one. I'll put 2017 Stockholm pattern as an example here, it is a 36' pattern with 26.885 ml volume. In the KOSI Sheet everything is very accurate with the numbers and very clear but the A22/Envoy sheet has some inconsistencies (See the attached files below)

Both of the sheets state the same volume so I took the Brunswick sheet and sum all the loads to find what the volume of one load is. 1 load=3.25 µL

What caught my attention is that in the Brunswick sheet it states zone volumes as follows (The tables below):

Zone 1: 10.47 mL
Zone 2: 5.07 mL
Zone 3: 9.50 mL
Zone 4: 1.84 mL
Zone 5: 0 mL
Total: 26.88 mL

Using the µL values instead of the load values I got these results:
Zone 1: 8.12 mL
Zone 2: 7.86 mL
Zone 3: 6.14 mL
Zone 4: 4.76 mL
Zone 5: 0 mL
Total: 26.88 mL

Can anyone explain this discrepancy please?, I think the person who wrote the sheet made a mistake it does not correspond with the original number sums per zone.

I made a graphic to compare both the kegel and the Brunswick pattern design, though they look similar they're not equal. A22/Envoy are very capable to reproduce the exact same pattern for they're far more accurate because of the way they work. In the KOSI sheet we have 8 zones forward and 4 reverse, considering the combination of both we can identify 9 zones total. A22 brunswick only use 5 zones total, the Brunswick sheet can use as much as 8 zones. I like how much the brunswick one resembles to the dye patterns they put in the PBA televised finals.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

If you think I helped, please click on the "+" button, Thanks.

Board index » General Forums » The Pro Shop