Joest Abrasives

This forum is for topics related to pro shop operation and bowling center maintenance.
Usual topics include: shop gear, fitting, drilling and lane maintenance.

Moderator: Moderators

RobatJOEST

Joest Abrasives

Post by RobatJOEST »

Hi everyone. I just wanted to quickly introduce myself. I am Robert. I am the master importer and converter of Joest abrasives Germany here in North America I wanted to reach out to all of you to let you know that we are offering a viable alternative to sia and Abralon. As the pioneers of this type of abrasive, please contact me if you are interested in giving us a try. We stamp to size domestically and I feel, we can offer substantial savings. We do make 3 variations of our Superfinishing SG line, Sg1, Sg2 and finally Sg3. Our finish and cut rate may differ slightly to our competitors but we feel confident we can find a right match for your needs.

We also have a distributor of our line in New York for the bowling industry, but are always looking to add to the family. Please contact me or visit my website for additional info.

Thanks
Rob
http://www.abrasive-ideas.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.joest-abrasives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MegaMav
THS Average: 225
Sport Average: 200
Positive Axis Point: 5.5 Over & 1 Up
Speed: 16.0 MPH - Camera
Rev Rate: 375
Axis Tilt: 14
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical - Informer
Medium Oil Ball: Brunswick - Fearless
Light Oil Ball: Radical - Bonus Pearl
Preferred Company: Radical Bowling Technologies

Re: Joest Abrasives

Post by MegaMav »

Hi Rob,

Welcome to BowlingChat.
Can you go into more detail as to what makes JOEST abrasives better than Siaair and Abralon?

I would be interested in trying your product personally as well as bringing your abrasives to test at a high volume pro shop I frequent.
RobatJOEST

Post by RobatJOEST »

Thank you for your quick reply to my post. First and foremost, Joest is the inventor of this type of abrasive. We make 3 variations of SG, all with different results and characteristics. Our SG1 is our coarsest version (thinner than Abralon). This is designed for hard surfaces as the mesh (grain carrier) is more open. Our SG2 is also a tad thinner than Abralon but it offers unique flexibility (which may be an advantage) due to its thinner profile. Our SG3 is basically the same thickness as Abralon.

All 3 versions are silicon carbide and can be used wet or dry. Please remember though that our cutting and finishing may be slightly different than our competitors. However, rest assured we can most likely get you what you are looking for at a considerably favourable price.

Please feel free to download our technical pages for all 3 items. It will give you an understanding of all the grits we can offer with the program.

Since I convert domestically, we can cater to packaging and size requirements as well..... As mentioned earlier, we do have a distributor in New York for the bowling industry but of course, welcome new partners.

I hope this is helpful.
Best
Robert
VLe
BCU Graduate Layouts
BCU Graduate Layouts
Speed: 17
Rev Rate: 320
Axis Tilt: 20
Axis Rotation: 55
Preferred Company: Radical

Post by VLe »

RobatJOEST wrote:First and foremost, Joest is the inventor of this type of abrasive.
Could you please describe more about what is the invention here?

May I also mention that Abralon, for example is just one product line from Mirka. You should also check the abranet that is mesh based and very long lasting alternative.
Right Handed
PAP 4 3/8" x 0"
60* rotation
17.5* tilt
320-360 rev rate
17mph off hand