Thumbhole for two handers

This forum is for topics related to pro shop operation and bowling center maintenance.
Usual topics include: shop gear, fitting, drilling and lane maintenance.

Moderator: Moderators

gunso

Thumbhole for two handers

Post by gunso »

Hi there

I am going to experiment with throwing two handed with my thumb in the ball and see how that rolls for me. Do I fit myself as a regular one hander or are there some adjustments to be made?
TonyPR
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Preferred Company: Radical

Re: Thumbhole for two handers

Post by TonyPR »

Gunso, currently I am rolling it no thumb again but putting the thumb in helped in learning how to line up the hand. You can always put a mark on the ball so you don't have to drill a thumbhole, use a piece of tape for practice or if you want to use a mark for league and tournament just drill a small hole where the thumb would be and plug it with white. If you are set on drilling a thumb hole just drill it with the same pitches as you would one handed but you can make it a bit larger as you will be holding the ball with two hands and the thumb will just be laying there inside the thumbhole. The real benefit of putting your thumb in the ball even if just partially is that you can use any balance hole besides the thumbhole and you are not so limited in pin to cg when selecting balls.
Silver Level Coach
Kegel KCMP1 and KCMP2 Completed /Approved Exam
Kegel KCMP3 Completed
Kegel Certified Pro Shop Operator
Free agent