Home Pro Shop

This forum is for topics related to pro shop operation and bowling center maintenance.
Usual topics include: shop gear, fitting, drilling and lane maintenance.

Moderator: Moderators

gbabione
THS Average: 211
Positive Axis Point: 5 x 1/4 up
Speed: 18
Rev Rate: 375
Axis Tilt: 11
Axis Rotation: 65
Heavy Oil Ball: Proton Physix
Medium Oil Ball: Phase 2
Light Oil Ball: IQ Emerald
Preferred Company: Storm

Re: Home Pro Shop

Post by gbabione »

I have 1 of those Brunswick benchtop drill presses. It works pretty good. Make sure the ball cup is in good shape before you use it. I have seen new ones somewhere online. If it's not, the ball will shake while drilling. Also, check for zero on both pitch slides. They can be off. I don't know how to adjust them so I just marked where the indicator pointed as zero when the center of the drill was in the middle of the table.
The only other drill press I used had an Innovative Litchco Ovalmatic jig. That thing is awesome. It's been many years since using it, but I'm pretty sure all 3 gripping holes can be drilled, including ovals, without unclamping the ball from the jig. It was used on a big floor drill press. When that pro shop was looking into buying a new setup, I was going to buy that 1 from them. They ended up buying a mill/drill and putting that jig on it. Sucked for me!
I have thought about selling mine because I don't bowl much anymore and don't need to drill or redrill much anymore. I have a whole set of drill bits including Switch-Grip with a holding rack, the old fitting ball with all the holes in it and all the inserts, and 2 do-do scales. I bought everything when I was going to start bowling regionals. Things happened and I ended up only bowling in 1. A good offer could persuade me to let it go, but the Ovalmatic is awesome!
Guy Babione

Right Handed
PAP 5" by 1/4" up
65* rotation
11* tilt
375 rev rate
18 mph off hand