RAPID CURE

This forum is for topics related to pro shop operation and bowling center maintenance.
Usual topics include: shop gear, fitting, drilling and lane maintenance.

Moderator: Moderators

Nsane
Certified Coach
Certified Coach
THS Average: 190
Positive Axis Point: 5 3/16 - 7/8 up
Speed: 17
Rev Rate: 300
Axis Tilt: 13°
Axis Rotation: 55°
Heavy Oil Ball: Brunswick Tenacity, Radical Tremendous
Medium Oil Ball: Guru mighty,
Light Oil Ball: Motiv venom cobra
Preferred Company: Radical

RAPID CURE

Post by Nsane »

Last week I ordered vise rapid cure. The fiest couple of holes where fine. But now it turnes into foam more than being solid plugging. It creates millions of little bubbles.
Do anybody know whats wrong????
I use exactly 1 to 1. I steer well with wipeing the walls and bottom of the cup. Is there a secret that is not written on the bottles?????

tHANKS tHOMAS
Ducati what else?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
nice people press +
ballspinner
Industry Professional
Industry Professional

Re: RAPID CURE

Post by ballspinner »

The foam is caused by moisture. Without seeing what is going on inside of your pro shop, I cannot say positively why you are getting the foam. The bottles must be kept sealed with the plastic caps when hot pouring and the cups must be plastic - not Styrofoam. Somehow, moisture has managed to infiltrate the urethane. The fact that the product worked fine when you first used it tells me it occurred after the bottles were opened.
Nsane
Certified Coach
Certified Coach
THS Average: 190
Positive Axis Point: 5 3/16 - 7/8 up
Speed: 17
Rev Rate: 300
Axis Tilt: 13°
Axis Rotation: 55°
Heavy Oil Ball: Brunswick Tenacity, Radical Tremendous
Medium Oil Ball: Guru mighty,
Light Oil Ball: Motiv venom cobra
Preferred Company: Radical

Post by Nsane »

thanks john,

I will open a new bottle to see whats happen than. I use plastic cups only. And I normaly keep the bottles closed. But i think i left the hardener one night open.

Thomas
Ducati what else?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
nice people press +
clatara
THS Average: 200

Post by clatara »

Nsane wrote:thanks john,

I will open a new bottle to see whats happen than. I use plastic cups only. And I normaly keep the bottles closed. But i think i left the hardener one night open.

Thomas
big mistake! However in my personal opinion Vise Rapid Cure sucks!
I bought it in 2014 and gave it away immediately! not good for plugging holes , not good for making custom thumbs..... not good for nothing!
bowl1820
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by bowl1820 »

clatara wrote: big mistake! However in my personal opinion Vise Rapid Cure sucks!
I bought it in 2014 and gave it away immediately! not good for plugging holes , not good for making custom thumbs..... not good for nothing!
What did you find was wrong with it? and what do you use for plugging now?
"REMEMBER, it isn't how much the ball hooks, it's where."
clatara
THS Average: 200

Post by clatara »

bowl1820 wrote:
What did you find was wrong with it? and what do you use for plugging now?
first question: you can make solid color only. No pearlized , no swirl color. In addition very often after curing the plug separates from cover material, especially when cover is oil soaked. No suitable for making multiple Custom thumbs as it cures far too quickly ( approx 45 sec).
Second question: for plugging holes I use DBA Ultima Plug ( remember always to plug deep holes in two steps) or Ebonite Ultra Safe Plug. For making Custom Thumbs I use Wizard plug by Ultimate Bowling Products.