Board index » General Forums » The Pro Shop




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Ball on forearm pitches
 Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:49 am Post Number: #1 Post
Offline
Certified Coach

Joined: December 13, 2014
Posts: 882
Location: San Juan, PR
Reputation: 149
Reputation Power: 2
Quick question for ball drillers here, how much reverse in the fingers do you recommend/use for no thumb bowlers who like to rest the ball on their forearm with their hand under and cocked? Any tweaks in laterals too? I am not very flexible and today when I was experimenting with this I figured that if I want to do this I need a lot more reverse than I currently use (3/8 reverse both, 3/8 laterals both).


Top 
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Ball on forearm pitches
 Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:14 pm Post Number: #2 Post
Offline
Trusted Source

Joined: January 18, 2010
Posts: 3046
Reputation: 443
Reputation Power: 5
TonyPR wrote:
Quick question for ball drillers here, how much reverse in the fingers do you recommend/use for no thumb bowlers who like to rest the ball on their forearm with their hand under and cocked? Any tweaks in laterals too? I am not very flexible and today when I was experimenting with this I figured that if I want to do this I need a lot more reverse than I currently use (3/8 reverse both, 3/8 laterals both).

I like 1" reverse, never drilled less than 3/4" reverse for anyone and had them like it.


Top 
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Ball on forearm pitches
 Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:31 am Post Number: #3 Post
Offline
Certified Coach

Joined: December 13, 2014
Posts: 882
Location: San Juan, PR
Reputation: 149
Reputation Power: 2
Thank you, I've tried 1" reverse before but my technique was still probably not that good, felt like the ball would fall off my hand but I wasn't as much under the ball as I am now. Now I feel like I could use the 1" reverse and probably even more. What's the most you have drilled?


Top 
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Ball on forearm pitches
 Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:07 am Post Number: #4 Post
Offline
Trusted Source

Joined: January 18, 2010
Posts: 3046
Reputation: 443
Reputation Power: 5
TonyPR wrote:
Thank you, I've tried 1" reverse before but my technique was still probably not that good, felt like the ball would fall off my hand but I wasn't as much under the ball as I am now. Now I feel like I could use the 1" reverse and probably even more. What's the most you have drilled?

That is the most I can get out of my press unless I turned the ball sideways, but then only 1 1/16" so didn't want to go through that hassel


Top 
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Ball on forearm pitches
 Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:35 pm Post Number: #5 Post
Offline
Certified Coach

Joined: December 13, 2014
Posts: 882
Location: San Juan, PR
Reputation: 149
Reputation Power: 2
Update: my daughter and I (both two handed no thumb) had a full day at Kegel with Del last week. His current recommended general pitches for no thumb two handers are 1.25" reverse both, 3/8" laterals both, conventional drilling. It helps with releasing the ball on to the lane and prevents hitting up on the ball, very comfortable too.


Top 
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Ball on forearm pitches
 Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:38 pm Post Number: #6 Post
Offline
Trusted Source

Joined: January 18, 2010
Posts: 3046
Reputation: 443
Reputation Power: 5
TonyPR wrote:
Update: my daughter and I (both two handed no thumb) had a full day at Kegel with Del last week. His current recommended general pitches for no thumb two handers are 1.25" reverse both, 3/8" laterals both, conventional drilling. It helps with releasing the ball on to the lane and prevents hitting up on the ball, very comfortable too.

I have 3 sons throwing 2 handed no thumb. 2 of them like conventional and 1 does not. Thanks for posting this for us.


Top 
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Ball on forearm pitches
 Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:07 pm Post Number: #7 Post
Offline
Certified Coach

Joined: December 13, 2014
Posts: 882
Location: San Juan, PR
Reputation: 149
Reputation Power: 2
You're welcome sir. Del also told me Jason Belmonte used to be semi-fingertip and recently changed to conventional.


Top 
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

Board index » General Forums » The Pro Shop


 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: