Time for a New Ball

Bowling ball related topics including new products, arsenals and comparisons.

Moderator: Moderators

blanchette2000
Preferred Company: Morich

Time for a New Ball

Post by blanchette2000 » July 2nd, 2010, 9:18 pm

I'm planning on buying a new ball. I'm a big Morich fan. I currently throw a LevRG Response. I'm happy with the ball but I want something that breaks a few more boards (I have had my pro shop change the surface) . The ball does not get to the pocket on sports patterns for me. On THS I can change speed or give it a little hand to adjust but I can't compensate enough on the tougher patterns without getting horribly inconsistent.

I'm a left handed stroker, medium revs, high medium speed, and a 203 average (THS).

I'm looking at the RipR (great look and videos). Do I want to consider the double thumb layout or could I have a tough time throwing that (how could I know). Can the second strongest layout be used and then the second thumb hole added if I want more hook later (am I even looking at this correctly?).

Another question. Any reason for me not to get the ball from a bowling supplier (bowlingindex.com)? Won't I get the same ball? I'ts in my area so I can pick it up and save shipping too.

I have a million questions. These are the first 4 or 5.

Thanks,
Dave

Mo Pinel
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Preferred Company: MoRich, & now RADICAL BT

Re: Time for a New Ball

Post by Mo Pinel » July 2nd, 2010, 9:37 pm

blanchette2000 wrote:I'm planning on buying a new ball. I'm a big Morich fan. I currently throw a LevRG Response. I'm happy with the ball but I want something that breaks a few more boards (I have had my pro shop change the surface) . The ball does not get to the pocket on sports patterns for me. On THS I can change speed or give it a little hand to adjust but I can't compensate enough on the tougher patterns without getting horribly inconsistent.

I'm a left handed stroker, medium revs, high medium speed, and a 203 average (THS).

I'm looking at the RipR (great look and videos). Do I want to consider the double thumb layout or could I have a tough time throwing that (how could I know). Can the second strongest layout be used and then the second thumb hole added if I want more hook later (am I even looking at this correctly?).

Another question. Any reason for me not to get the ball from a bowling supplier (bowlingindex.com)? Won't I get the same ball? I'ts in my area so I can pick it up and save shipping too.

I have a million questions. These are the first 4 or 5.

Thanks,
Dave
Please go to "Ball and Layout Advice" on the "Mo and Friends" forum and fill out ALL the info necessary for me to make a proper recommendation on the layout you should use. It would be my pleasure.