Couple of balls delivered today...

Bowling ball related topics including new products, arsenals and comparisons.

Moderator: Moderators

MegaMav
THS Average: 225
Sport Average: 200
Positive Axis Point: 5.5 Over & 1 Up
Speed: 16.0 MPH - Camera
Rev Rate: 375
Axis Tilt: 14
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical - Informer
Medium Oil Ball: Brunswick - Fearless
Light Oil Ball: Radical - Bonus Pearl
Preferred Company: Radical Bowling Technologies

Couple of balls delivered today...

Post by MegaMav »

Some different layouts, breaking from my usual benchmarks and double thumbs.
My experience in league this past year made me think twice about bringing angular and more angular equipment. I realized on a poorly stripped house shot, you really want some control to manage the amount of friction to the right without getting too deep and have the ball slide into the parking lot.

Jet Maximum Altitude - 25 x 5 x 40 @ 2000. Control layout. Should be a great ball to switch to after the Altitude starts checking up. Video coming soon with both balls.
Length & Control, nearly the opposite of the Altitude, at double thumb.
Final layout on that was 50 x 3.75 x 25. Not much continuation, fast transition.
img_0794.jpg
Brunswick C-System Utli-Max - 35 x 3.25 x 40 @ 1500
Thinking this will be a heavy sweeping arc.
Looking for this to compliment my 60 x 4 x 30 HookR
Should I P4 this ball that far down on the VAL if I want a harder arc?
I should probably look at the flare after I throw it a few times.
img_0795.jpg
PAP: 4 1/2" Over 3.8" Up
Matched
Tilt - 15-17
Rotation - 65
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace
Preferred Company: MoRich, & now RADICAL BT

Re: Couple of balls delivered today...

Post by Mo Pinel »

MegaMav wrote:Some different layouts, breaking from my usual benchmarks and double thumbs.
My experience in league this past year made me think twice about bringing angular and more angular equipment. I realized on a poorly stripped house shot, you really want some control to manage the amount of friction to the right without getting too deep and have the ball slide into the parking lot.

Jet Maximum Altitude - 25 x 5 x 40 @ 2000. Control layout. Should be a great ball to switch to after the Altitude starts checking up. Video coming soon with both balls.
Length & Control, nearly the opposite of the Altitude, at double thumb.
Final layout on that was 50 x 3.75 x 25. Not much continuation, fast transition.
img_0794.jpg
Brunswick C-System Utli-Max - 35 x 3.25 x 40 @ 1500
Thinking this will be a heavy sweeping arc.
Looking for this to compliment my 60 x 4 x 30 HookR
Should I P4 this ball that far down on the VAL if I want a harder arc?
I should probably look at the flare after I throw it a few times.
img_0795.jpg
PAP: 4 1/2" Over 3.8" Up
Matched
Tilt - 15-17
Rotation - 65
For the Ulti-Max, observe, then decide. Simple. No deadline here.
Rest In Peace (1942-2021)
cheech
THS Average: 224
Positive Axis Point: 3 13/16
Speed: 18 off hand
Rev Rate: 395
Axis Tilt: 7
Heavy Oil Ball: brunswick alpha max
Medium Oil Ball: bluevibe, iq tour solid
Light Oil Ball: topical breeze
Preferred Company: columbia 300

Post by cheech »

im still learning about effects weight hole placement but from my understanding the different places on the gradient lines affect differential not reaction shape. with the P4 placement it would increase differential so the ball would want to grip and start rolling earlier promoting a more rolling arcing shape? while the 3 1/2" pin length will promote a retention of tilt/rotation so it will give it some backend? so overall that will give it a more continuous reaction?
ryan chinnici
sacred heart university class of 2013
PAP-4 1/8 x 1/8 up
speed-18 (off hand)
RPM 395
tilt 10*
axis rotation *
when in doubt.....throw a vibe!
jetmark
THS Average: 214
Positive Axis Point: 3-7/8 x 3/8 dwn
Speed: 16
Rev Rate: 350
Axis Tilt: 17*
Axis Rotation: 45*
Heavy Oil Ball: Altitude
Medium Oil Ball: Armor
Light Oil Ball: Jet
Preferred Company: Jet Bowling

Post by jetmark »

I just drilled up my 2nd MAX.

It took us about 5 layouts before we were happy with the final one. My driller used one that Mo had suggested for my desired reaction.

60x4x15

I am not used to having pin out and cg in at all. When watching him lay it out, I was really wondering if it would track funny. All I can say is WOW!!!! It is one of the strongest moves I have ever had off the spot. I was shocked, extremly shocked on how much of a beast it is! We measured 5-3/4" of flare, and the pin action was sick!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mark Weissmann
Jet Bowling Staff
Regional/International Sales Coordinator
mark@jetbowling.com
http://www.jetbowling.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
turbotwister
Preferred Company: storm

Post by turbotwister »

It took us about 5 layouts before we were happy with the final one. My driller used one that Mo had suggested for my desired reaction.

when you say it took 5 layouts....does that mean you drilled and re-drilled the ball 5 times before you got it right? just curious and new to the drilling aspect of bowling.
jetmark

Post by jetmark »

turbotwister wrote:It took us about 5 layouts before we were happy with the final one. My driller used one that Mo had suggested for my desired reaction.

when you say it took 5 layouts....does that mean you drilled and re-drilled the ball 5 times before you got it right? just curious and new to the drilling aspect of bowling.

We drew the layouts is what I was saying. We looked at 5 different layout measurements, and such.
Mark Weissmann
Jet Bowling Staff
mark@jetbowling.com
MegaMav
THS Average: 225
Sport Average: 200
Positive Axis Point: 5.5 Over & 1 Up
Speed: 16.0 MPH - Camera
Rev Rate: 375
Axis Tilt: 14
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical - Informer
Medium Oil Ball: Brunswick - Fearless
Light Oil Ball: Radical - Bonus Pearl
Preferred Company: Radical Bowling Technologies

Post by MegaMav »

It took one ball to find the layout I like for it.

Wow, this is a lot of ball.
I threw both balls WITHOUT balance holes for a game each, and then both for one game to compare.
Between the 2, the Altitude Pearl was surprisingly about 4 boards stronger than the Ulti-max.
Both balls have 2 different shapes to them.

I was bowling on "post birthday party" type of conditions, which is good to a certain extent, I can see how both handle friction, and how each handle longer voiumes when pulled inside target.

First glance notes.

The Ultimax has that glide and turn effect, its perfect the way it is now, I have to get the statics checked on it, but I will try to keep it the way it is. It glides thru the front of the lane, picks up later down lane, early enough to give you mid-lane read, but not early where it hooking at 30 feet.
It is slightly oil sensitive, it did not do well when pulled inside from deep on the lane, even at 1500 grit surface. GOOD CONTINUATION BALL.

Maximum Altitude Pearl, wow, where to start. I thought the Altitude was pretty good, but I think the Maximum Altitude is better. It may be the layout, but I think this ball has its cover better matched with the core. I was deeper than the Ultimax with this one, a good 4 boards, and I probably could have gone more. I've never seen a symmetrical ball with the ball motion this one has. Best way to describe it is "a lot" thats what I said after a few frames. I set it up for length and control, and thank god I did, because I think this ball just wants to go go go. It peels off of friction very well, I had the first 5 strikes of the 3rd game with it before putting it down to compare to the Ultimax. During the 2nd game testing, I pulled shots and it was NOT forgiving, which is GOOD, this ball will not under react due to light oil volume down lane like the Ultimax, if I pulled it into the oil, it still was going left.

I will write up a formal review with video after I get some more time with the Maximum Altitude Pearl, but if you're looking for an alternative to the major manufacturers do not sleep on this one, its legit. Its on par with the Marvel, stronger than the Crossroad, and probably even with the Aggressive Motion. Its THAT strong. Chris and the Jet Bowling team should be proud of this one, its their best creation yet.
jetmark

Post by jetmark »

I am really excited about that review! Thank you! I cant wait to see the video.

That is the majority of the reviews we have been getting. We are extremely proud of this release. A lot went into it, and the future is really bright for Jet.

Thank you again. If anyone has questions, or would like to pick one up, we still have our pre-sale pricing. PM me with anything.

Have a great day all!!
Mark Weissmann
Jet Bowling Staff
mark@jetbowling.com