Opinion on a Second Ball

Bowling ball related topics including new products, arsenals and comparisons.

Moderator: Moderators

dslchuck
Preferred Company: AMF

Opinion on a Second Ball

Post by dslchuck »

Recently bought a Solid LevRG and wanting some opinions on a second ball to help complement this ball. Would prefer to stay with the same brand. Have been throwing 15# balls the last 4-5 years but dropping back down to 14#. Would consider myself a Tweener. Usually have most of my balls drilled: long and hard. I would say I am fairly versatile and turn it if needed.....or flatten it out if needed.

Have been toying with the idea of changing layout.....though I don't know much about that stuff. Will try to get info on my ball: layout, rev rate, and axis rotation. Throwing a AMF Maximum Velocity, a RG Cell, and a Lane1 XL.

House put in new synthetic lanes end of last year. Been having a lot of issues with leaving single pins this year and trying to figure out what to do. Have tried an inside line, outside line....and seem to get same results. Most of the year I have been leaving the 7, 4, and some 8's. Recently....past 3 weeks.......been mostly the 10 pin. Seems if I move around...or move my line....still get same results.
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace
Preferred Company: MoRich, & now RADICAL BT

Re: Opinion on a Second Ball

Post by Mo Pinel »

dslchuck wrote:Recently bought a Solid LevRG and wanting some opinions on a second ball to help complement this ball. Would prefer to stay with the same brand. Have been throwing 15# balls the last 4-5 years but dropping back down to 14#. Would consider myself a Tweener. Usually have most of my balls drilled: long and hard. I would say I am fairly versatile and turn it if needed.....or flatten it out if needed.

Have been toying with the idea of changing layout.....though I don't know much about that stuff. Will try to get info on my ball: layout, rev rate, and axis rotation. Throwing a AMF Maximum Velocity, a RG Cell, and a Lane1 XL.

House put in new synthetic lanes end of last year. Been having a lot of issues with leaving single pins this year and trying to figure out what to do. Have tried an inside line, outside line....and seem to get same results. Most of the year I have been leaving the 7, 4, and some 8's. Recently....past 3 weeks.......been mostly the 10 pin. Seems if I move around...or move my line....still get same results.
Be detailed in your post and I'll be glad to help.

I need:
Hand?
Ball Speed (heads or scorer)?
Inital rev rate?
Initial axis rotation?
Initial axis tilt?
PAP?
Layout on Solid LevRG in dual angles and gradient line balance hole location?

But, it sounds like your ball is not transitioning soon enough; a common problem with the change from wood to synthetics!
Rest In Peace (1942-2021)
dslchuck
Preferred Company: AMF

Post by dslchuck »

Thanks on the reply....will try to get all the info this weekend. Not the most brilliant staff running our house.

I am right handed......as for the Solid LevRG, it has not been drilled yet. Trying to figure out if I need to go to a different setup first.
Amateur
Positive Axis Point: 4 5/8" over, 3/8 up
Speed: 13-14

Post by Amateur »

Mo Pinel wrote: But, it sounds like your ball is not transitioning soon enough; a common problem with the change from wood to synthetics!
Just a quick question. Is that a problem with not finishing the second transition soon enough(not finishing the hook phase)?
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Post by Mo Pinel »

Amateur wrote: Just a quick question. Is that a problem with not finishing the second transition soon enough(not finishing the hook phase)?
In my opinion, ABSOLUTELY! I need his delivery specs. to see how I want to get him to a sooner second transition.
Amateur
Positive Axis Point: 4 5/8" over, 3/8 up
Speed: 13-14

Post by Amateur »

Thanks Mo, was just trying to figure out exactly what the transitions you refer to are. Sounds like skid to hook, then hook to roll.
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Post by Mo Pinel »

Amateur wrote:Thanks Mo, was just trying to figure out exactly what the transitions you refer to are. Sounds like skid to hook, then hook to roll.
The first transition is from SKID to HOOK and the second transition is from HOOK to ROLL (basic terminology).