Looking for the Lowest RG ball?

Bowling ball related topics including new products, arsenals and comparisons.

Moderator: Moderators

dwayne1009
Preferred Company: morich

Looking for the Lowest RG ball?

Post by dwayne1009 »

Anyone know what the lowest RG ball out there is? I create a natural skid with my release and a very high track player (90* axis rotation). So any recommendations would be appreciated.

My information: pap 5 1/8 and 5/8 up, axis tilt is 3* to 7* ball speed 15 to 16 mph not sure of rev rate.

Thanks,
cgeorg
Positive Axis Point: 5 1/2 x 1/2

Re: Looking for the Lowest RG ball?

Post by cgeorg »

Not an answer to your question, but learning to create more forward roll in your release (even getting down to 60° axis rotation) would be a great adjustment to learn.
CMGBB - Bowling tips
BowlSK - Bowling score keeper and stats tracker
My BowlSK

That my boy... that's pro quality.
elgavachon
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by elgavachon »

dwayne1009 wrote:Anyone know what the lowest RG ball out there is? I create a natural skid with my release and a very high track player (90* axis rotation). So any recommendations would be appreciated.

My information: pap 5 1/8 and 5/8 up, axis tilt is 3* to 7* ball speed 15 to 16 mph not sure of rev rate.

Thanks,
eric lanuza also asked this question:
Eric.Lanuza wrote:Mo
Please elaborate some on thw way you "DETERMINE THE ANGLES RATIO"
based in:
1. bowler's axis rotation and axis tilt.
2. design of the ball.

and how you adjust this ratio to account the numbers for the pattern the bowler wants to use the ball for.

thanks for your outstanding job, spreading knowledge that can´t be obtained nowhere else.

Eric
elgavachon
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by elgavachon »

the only thing concrete that I have been able to find on this is what Paul said he uses 1:1 ratios for a lot of tilt or a lot of rotation.
Post subject: Re: Matching Dual Angle ranges to bowler specs #13
Mo said
The higher ratio is because of his lack of axis rotation and tilt (less rotation and tilt). The more the bowler is up the back, the higher the ratio. The more the bowler gets around the ball (more rotation and tilt), the lower the ratio. Range of ratios is between .7:1 and 3:1.Please note Math Is Truth Has since clarified this to read .3:1.
Paul said
the HIGHER AXIS ROTATION generally speaking the HIGHER THE SUMS will be due to the difference between that and tilt, however it will also coincide with a lower ratio 1:1

Both Paul and Mo are saying more AXIS ROTATION=LOWER RATIOS
Paul says he uses larger angle sums which would lead me to think he is trying to delay the hook. He does say (generally speaking), so in Dwayne1009's case where he says he gets excessive skid due to a lot of rotation maybe Paul would use lower angle sums?
dwayne1009

Post by dwayne1009 »

So if I understand you corrrectly when the ball is being drilled use a lower angle ratio to reduce the amount of skid that I create with my release? Will this cause the ball to burn up its energy in the first part of the lane?

My information: pap 5 1/8 and 5/8 up, axis tilt is 3* to 7* ball speed 15 to 16 mph.
Not sure of rev rate.

I have a mania on the way and not sure how to drill it? I would like to try a double thumb or dual angle, but not knowing what kind of reaction that I am going to get with being a high track player.

Most of my equipment has the pin below the fingers and the cg kicked out to compensate for my release> the equipment with pins above I can only use when the heads are burnt or when I am bowling on light oil.

Mo and friends any suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace
Preferred Company: MoRich, & now RADICAL BT

Post by Mo Pinel »

dwayne1009 wrote:So if I understand you corrrectly when the ball is being drilled use a lower angle ratio to reduce the amount of skid that I create with my release? Will this cause the ball to burn up its energy in the first part of the lane?

My information: pap 5 1/8 and 5/8 up, axis tilt is 3* to 7* ball speed 15 to 16 mph.
Not sure of rev rate.

I have a mania on the way and not sure how to drill it? I would like to try a double thumb or dual angle, but not knowing what kind of reaction that I am going to get with being a high track player.

Most of my equipment has the pin below the fingers and the cg kicked out to compensate for my release> the equipment with pins above I can only use when the heads are burnt or when I am bowling on light oil.

Mo and friends any suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated.
Thanks,

NOT TRUE ABOUT PIN UP BALLS! It's been proven. To compare accurately, you must keep the pin to PAP distance the same. Then you are measuring the VAL angle. It's ALL documented in "Dual Angle with Gradient Line" technology. Let's talk only in 'Dual Angle" terminology to help keep the level of accuracy of our discussions high.

Are you rev or speed dominant, or matched up?
Rest In Peace (1942-2021)
dwayne1009

Post by dwayne1009 »

I am pretty equal with a slight edge to speed. Any other information you need let me know.

I also have a frenzy on the way. It has a pin out 3 to 4 and top wght of 2 to 3. How should I drill it.

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Post by Mo Pinel »

dwayne1009 wrote:I am pretty equal with a slight edge to speed. Any other information you need let me know.

I also have a frenzy on the way. It has a pin out 3 to 4 and top wght of 2 to 3. How should I drill it.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Let's go over this; axis tilt of 3 to 7*, axis rotation of >70* and slightly speed dominant.

For your FRENZY, I recommend: 65 / 3 1/4 / 25 with a P3 hole. Start with 2000 surface.
dwayne1009

Post by dwayne1009 »

Yes, 12.5 to 13 inches across my track with approx 90* that is correct.

So is the recommended drilling is a dual angle? What kind of reaction am I going to get?

I also have a mania on the way what would be your recommendations? It should be 3 to 4 out with 3 to 4 top wght.

I will go with your recommendations, I will save the information and provide it to my ball driller Mark in Vallejo CA once the ball arrives. Lord Orange and I bowl together both he and I use Mark and use mainly Morich equipment. We both take your recommendations highly.

Thanks,
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Post by Mo Pinel »

dwayne1009 wrote:Yes, 12.5 to 13 inches across my track with approx 90* that is correct.

So is the recommended drilling is a dual angle? What kind of reaction am I going to get?

I also have a mania on the way what would be your recommendations? It should be 3 to 4 out with 3 to 4 top wght.

I will go with your recommendations, I will save the information and provide it to my ball driller Mark in Vallejo CA once the ball arrives. Lord Orange and I bowl together both he and I use Mark and use mainly Morich equipment. We both take your recommendations highly.

Thanks,
You have my best recommendation. Let me know how it rolls.
dwayne1009

Post by dwayne1009 »

Thanks Mo. As soon as they get here I will get drilled and post the results and possible pictures.

Thanks,
dwayne1009

Post by dwayne1009 »

So Mo if I understand you correctly drill the frenzy and the mania the same way? Your recommendation: 65 / 3 1/4 / 25 with a P3 hole?

I plan on using these during Nationals and Sports League.

Please let me know if that is correct.

Thanks,
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Post by Mo Pinel »

dwayne1009 wrote:So Mo if I understand you correctly drill the frenzy and the mania the same way? Your recommendation: 65 / 3 1/4 / 25 with a P3 hole?

I plan on using these during Nationals and Sports League.

Please let me know if that is correct.

Thanks,

They should compliment each other well. I recommend it. Surface adjustments should make them a good set. Start with the mania out of the box and the FRENZY at 2000.
dwayne1009

Post by dwayne1009 »

Mo,

what would happen if we moved the wght hole to p4? please let me know.

thanks,
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Post by Mo Pinel »

dwayne1009 wrote:Mo,

what would happen if we moved the wght hole to p4? please let me know.

thanks,
The ball will read the pattern harder.
dwayne1009

Post by dwayne1009 »

so if I understand you correctly, by reading the pattern harder, a sharper more violent reaction when it hits the dry boards or area.

Please let me know, if I am following you correctly.

Thanks,
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Post by Mo Pinel »

dwayne1009 wrote:so if I understand you correctly, by reading the pattern harder, a sharper more violent reaction when it hits the dry boards or area.

Please let me know, if I am following you correctly.

Thanks,
To be exact, going to a P4 hole will increase both the intermediate and total diffs. The result will be a harder reaction, slightly sooner. Basically, you're increasing the turbo boost and shortening the response time. You can use surface adjustments to create the exact amount of skid you would like. Comprendez?