surface change and varing speed but with results

Bowling ball related topics including new products, arsenals and comparisons.

Moderator: Moderators

snowspike1

surface change and varing speed but with results

Post by snowspike1 »

With still having issues finding a reaction that i like and will allow movement and carry, i pulled out the spinner monday night.

The surface that was on my Green Messenger was 600 (4 sides) and 1000 (2 sides). at this the ball got real dirty real quick (3 tosses max) before needing cleaned off. New surface--- 400 wetsanded - 4sides, 800 wetsanded - 4sides, FF polish 4 sides burnt in on all 6 sides (polish amount a bit bigger than a nickle each time).

The new surface i have yet to try. I also want to put bigger finger tips in (have to force fingers in) (think holes are a bit small) the ball has the same size tips as everything else yet the tip for my MF fits the RF (mf 5, rf 4).

The ball that i have used after resurface is my VE (virtual evergy). Had tried to get close to oob without buying the step 2 polish..... this ball does not like Ebo's factory finish polish (for me atleast) so this time i went this way....

400 wetsanded --- 4 sides
800 wetsanded --- 2 sides
2000 wetsanded --- 4 sides then for some reason i
hit it with brunswick ruff buff on 2 sides (size no bigger than a quarter) and burned the polish in on 6 sides.

I forgot to do 1 thing... i forgot to clean off the excess polish and i only got 3 balls for shadow balls so i didn't get it worn off either. It showed in game 1. 192. game 2 showed what my efforts got me 253 and game 3 234.

From what the lane guys tell me it is a 41' oil.. unsure as to vol. i do know that i can play 15 -9 or 5 to 3 but if i try to go 10 - 5/3 (normal line) the ball labors.

With this surface i was thowing 12 -8 and the odd thing is the left lane gave me consistant mph readings (16.3 to 16.8) the right lane tho was giving me 16.8 on up to 17.8 and a few (3)shots that i pulled in were 18.3 -18.5. I was playing both lanes the same (approch too). i'm resigned to think that the readings were off, because i've never been that diff and it didn't feel as though i was throwing that fast.

i'll see what happens next week..
snowspike1

Re: surface change and varing speed but with results

Post by snowspike1 »

it has been 3 weeks and my wed. night league i'm still using the VE... the speed variations i think were mechanical haven't had those numbers again.. speed has been 16.2 - 16.8 (first ball).

but the numbers i have had

Wk1 679
wk2 708
wk3 684

ave on change

with haveing 9 games on surface should i re-hit the last step (or last 2 steps) or give it another week (12 games)..

this surface/ reaction i am having i want to keep. With the hand/finger position changes I use; i have great reation and can use the same ball more offten (as long as i keep up with the finger dance).
JohnP
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 15 15/16 x 3/16
Speed: 13.5 (Qubica)
Axis Tilt: 13
Axis Rotation: 45

Re: surface change and varing speed but with results

Post by JohnP »

Personally, I wouldn't touch it until I saw a negative change in the reaction. Then I'd go back to the 2000 wet sand and the polish. -- JohnP