rolling over thumb hole

Bowling ball related topics including new products, arsenals and comparisons.

Moderator: Moderators

jaysenalex

rolling over thumb hole

Post by jaysenalex »

hello i am a very new pro shop operator and was left several balls to fix after the former guy left. one of them is a storm reign. the way it it drilled now it rolls over the thumb. i am just learning the dual angle system and if i did it correctly it looks like 70x5x50. the customer is right handed and told me that the middle finger was drilled into the pin. where do i start ? Is there an easy way to fix or should i plug and start over. sorry for the lack of info please let me know what other information that is needed. i have pictures of the ball but i am not sure how to post them.
MegaMav
THS Average: 225
Sport Average: 200
Positive Axis Point: 5.5 Over & 1 Up
Speed: 16.0 MPH - Camera
Rev Rate: 375
Axis Tilt: 14
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical - Informer
Medium Oil Ball: Brunswick - Fearless
Light Oil Ball: Radical - Bonus Pearl
Preferred Company: Radical Bowling Technologies

Re: rolling over thumb hole

Post by MegaMav »

You can upload the pictures from the posting page.
The experts will want all of the bowlers specs to offer a layout that doesnt roll over the thumb (or fingers).
JohnP
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 15 15/16 x 3/16
Speed: 13.5 (Qubica)
Axis Tilt: 13
Axis Rotation: 45

Post by JohnP »

The first thing to do is confirm that the customer is correct on what hole the ball is rolling over. When a bowler hears "thump, thump, thump" he often thinks thumb hole when in fact it could be flaring into a finger hole or balance hole. You need to go to the lane with him and confirm the hole it's hitting. While you're there check to be sure he isn't a full roller with a ball that's drilled for a semi-roller,and ask him to throw a different ball that doesn't hit a hole so you can compare the tracks and layouts. Post this information and Mo and Friends can help you with a solution. -- JohnP
jaysenalex

Post by jaysenalex »

ok thanks . i will try and get as much info as i can and post back.
awbowling

Post by awbowling »

Over the last 3 months I have seemed to be rolling over my thumb hole, and I can see it kick right. I have always had a high track. It was nice for a while because i was scoring but now its just getting to be a pain in my butt. what do I do to get back to having a higher track.

Will