Weight hole location

Bowling ball related topics including new products, arsenals and comparisons.

Moderator: Moderators

river800
THS Average: 202
Preferred Company: Storm/radical

Re: Weight hole location

Post by river800 »

I was only stating some information that was already there :)

Now, in order to get the reaction that I am looking for along with the surface adjustment should I put the hole in the p3 or Db thumb it? And then if I read correctly, 3/4 3 inches deep to start off with then up in size if needed until I get the reaction. I know I'll have to drill the fingers at least 2 inches deep and then see how much thumb weight there is and go from there. Ok, I am understanding this more and more as I think about it and go over the information more along with you guys suggestions :D

Also, just to clarify the x-factor vertigo is the stronger ball because of the core and the coverstock. So therefore that is why I was wanting the same over all reaction out the deuce but for the deuce to be used as a ball down from the vertigo.

The rg of the deuce is 2.52, the diff is 0.058 and intermediate diff is 0.011 undrilled.
Stats:
Right handed
Pap is 4 3/4 x 3/8 up currently
Speed around 16.5 off hand
Tilt in the 14-16* range
Rev rate: around 325 - 350 or so
Axis rotation in the 25-70* range
I bowl on Brunswick synthetics. Ths...
fufu
THS Average: 230
Positive Axis Point: 5 right, 3/8 up
Speed: 16
Rev Rate: 320
Axis Tilt: 17
Axis Rotation: 55

Post by fufu »

River, I'd put the hole ABOVE the "RAD" marking on a direct line from the pin. B/c it is low, you might run the risk of flaring over it depending on rev rate.

As for size, what are the static weights? I would go deeper before going bigger, so if you can go 2.5 to 3" with a 13/16, I'd do that over using a larger bit and going shallower.

Make sense?
http://www.rotogrip.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.facebook.com/Round-Holes-No ... 602077080/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
fufu
THS Average: 230
Positive Axis Point: 5 right, 3/8 up
Speed: 16
Rev Rate: 320
Axis Tilt: 17
Axis Rotation: 55

Post by fufu »

Be sure to pitch the hole away from the thumb 1/2 to 3/4".
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
http://www.rotogrip.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.facebook.com/Round-Holes-No ... 602077080/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
river800
THS Average: 202
Preferred Company: Storm/radical

Post by river800 »

fufu wrote:Be sure to pitch the hole away from the thumb 1/2 to 3/4".

That hole that was 2 1/2 inches straight over from the thumb made it rev up slightly later and kind of snap(hook set reaction) more than a strong hook on the backend. So that is why I have been leery about putting an x-hole close to the thumb like that one was.

In that picture, the hole that you saw 3 7/8 straight over made it rev up really nice in the midlane but did not quite have enough pop to carry the ten, "so that is why I was asking if putting the hole 5 or 5 1/2 straight over 11/16 3 inches deep would promote a similar revving up but just a bit more pop on the backend". Another thing is that because of this ball flaring soo much it could be part of the problem.

The deuce is getting around 6 inches of flare with the current pin position and the weight hole close to the p2 spot didn't do anything as all it really does is take out side weight to keep it legal from the gradient line balance hole guide. The Accu-tread cover on the x-factor deuce does promote a touch more length compared to the reactor based covers found on the newer storm pieces such as the street rod series and paradigm domination for a few. The Accu-tread has a hardness rating of 76-78 I believe. The Accu-tread slides more in the oil but grabs a little more in the dry but doesn't like carry down as much though.

This is all I can come up with right now about the deuce, just need to fine tune, fix the span and I'll finally be set with this ball:)
Stats:
Right handed
Pap is 4 3/4 x 3/8 up currently
Speed around 16.5 off hand
Tilt in the 14-16* range
Rev rate: around 325 - 350 or so
Axis rotation in the 25-70* range
I bowl on Brunswick synthetics. Ths...