Storm Furious vs. Prodigy

Bowling ball related topics including new products, arsenals and comparisons.

Moderator: Moderators

JrFreak
THS Average: 225
Speed: 18
Rev Rate: 475
Heavy Oil Ball: RotoGrip Defient
Medium Oil Ball: Storm Furious / Prodigy
Light Oil Ball: Storm Natural
Preferred Company: Storm

Storm Furious vs. Prodigy

Post by JrFreak »

I dropped to 15# this year and changed my layout. I dropped my ring finger to conventional grip to help with joint pain.

I only have two balls right now... Storm Natural for dry lanes and a Storm Furious for medium oil lanes. I need something for wet conditions and I usually do better with smoother hooking balls. So I'm trying to stay away from balls with wicked back ends (asym cores).

Can I expect 5-6 boards more from the Prodigy over the Furious with a similar layout?

Thanks,
-=< Jr the Freak >=-

Lefty Cranker - 17-18 mph, 475-500 RPM
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace
Preferred Company: MoRich, & now RADICAL BT

Re: Storm Furious vs. Prodigy

Post by Mo Pinel »

JrFreak wrote:I dropped to 15# this year and changed my layout. I dropped my ring finger to conventional grip to help with joint pain.

I only have two balls right now... Storm Natural for dry lanes and a Storm Furious for medium oil lanes. I need something for wet conditions and I usually do better with smoother hooking balls. So I'm trying to stay away from balls with wicked back ends (asym cores).

Can I expect 5-6 boards more from the Prodigy over the Furious with a similar layout?

Thanks,
That depends on the lane condition. 5 to 6 is a lot of boards. Lower the drilling angle and the angle to the VAL 10* each and that will help separate the Prodigy from the Furious and give you a bigger difference.
Rest In Peace (1942-2021)