What Gives-PAP?

Bowling ball related topics including new products, arsenals and comparisons.

Moderator: Moderators

mergy
THS Average: 200
Positive Axis Point: 5>1^
Speed: 16 offhand
Rev Rate: 240
Axis Tilt: 15
Axis Rotation: 47

What Gives-PAP?

Post by mergy »

Hi folks, A ? on PAP. Rolling my plastic ball (RH) down the freshly oiled lane,normal release, then marking 1st oil ring which is next to the thumb hole & 1/2" from finger hole, then using Armidillo to find PAP, I come up with(avg.of 3x's) 53/4" over & 11/4"up. Now throwing my flaring LVG Response,all things same as above, the 1st oil ring is now 1" from thumb 2" from fingers(avg.of3x's) using armidillo, the Pap is now 41/2 over & 3/4" up. Can anyone explain? Thanks for any help.
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace
Preferred Company: MoRich, & now RADICAL BT

Re: What Gives-PAP?

Post by Mo Pinel »

mergy wrote:Hi folks, A ? on PAP. Rolling my plastic ball (RH) down the freshly oiled lane,normal release, then marking 1st oil ring which is next to the thumb hole & 1/2" from finger hole, then using Armidillo to find PAP, I come up with(avg.of 3x's) 53/4" over & 11/4"up. Now throwing my flaring LVG Response,all things same as above, the 1st oil ring is now 1" from thumb 2" from fingers(avg.of3x's) using armidillo, the Pap is now 41/2 over & 3/4" up. Can anyone explain? Thanks for any help.
Increased ball dynamics changes the PAP. Look through the posts. There's plenty of discussion on this site.
Rest In Peace (1942-2021)
JohnP
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 15 15/16 x 3/16
Speed: 13.5 (Qubica)
Axis Tilt: 13
Axis Rotation: 45

Re: What Gives-PAP?

Post by JohnP »

It is difficult to identify the very first oil ring on a flaring ball. Cover stocks absorb oil so quickly that the early ones often don't show. Mark what you think is the PAP location with a piece of white tape and have someone watch it for you as it comes off your hand. It should be stationary for a short distance. If it's not, move the tape until it is. Also, search for and read the "Flare in the air" thread. -- JohnP