Board index » General Forums » Ball Talk

Post subject: What Gives-PAP?
 Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:03 pm Post Number: #1 Post

Reputation Power: 1
Hi folks, A ? on PAP. Rolling my plastic ball (RH) down the freshly oiled lane,normal release, then marking 1st oil ring which is next to the thumb hole & 1/2" from finger hole, then using Armidillo to find PAP, I come up with(avg.of 3x's) 53/4" over & 11/4"up. Now throwing my flaring LVG Response,all things same as above, the 1st oil ring is now 1" from thumb 2" from fingers(avg.of3x's) using armidillo, the Pap is now 41/2 over & 3/4" up. Can anyone explain? Thanks for any help.

Post subject: Re: What Gives-PAP?
 Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:30 am Post Number: #2 Post
Mo Pinel

Reputation Power: 7
mergy wrote:
Hi folks, A ? on PAP. Rolling my plastic ball (RH) down the freshly oiled lane,normal release, then marking 1st oil ring which is next to the thumb hole & 1/2" from finger hole, then using Armidillo to find PAP, I come up with(avg.of 3x's) 53/4" over & 11/4"up. Now throwing my flaring LVG Response,all things same as above, the 1st oil ring is now 1" from thumb 2" from fingers(avg.of3x's) using armidillo, the Pap is now 41/2 over & 3/4" up. Can anyone explain? Thanks for any help.

Increased ball dynamics changes the PAP. Look through the posts. There's plenty of discussion on this site.

Post subject: Re: What Gives-PAP?
 Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:46 pm Post Number: #3 Post
Trusted Source

Reputation Power: 3
It is difficult to identify the very first oil ring on a flaring ball. Cover stocks absorb oil so quickly that the early ones often don't show. Mark what you think is the PAP location with a piece of white tape and have someone watch it for you as it comes off your hand. It should be stationary for a short distance. If it's not, move the tape until it is. Also, search for and read the "Flare in the air" thread. -- JohnP

Board index » General Forums » Ball Talk