Seeking recommendations for a ball.

Bowling ball related topics including new products, arsenals and comparisons.

Moderator: Moderators

Mickii

Seeking recommendations for a ball.

Post by Mickii »

I am a soon to be 73 year old right-handed senior. My speed measures between 12.8-13.2. I am currently bowling on a condition that is demanding I play standing between 25-31 and aim around 12-18 at the arrows. The equipment I am using are Bonus 4000 abralon pin up and cg kicked out 1.5 and an Intel drilled with thr same layout only 2000 abralon. I continue to observe bowlers with speeds in excess of 15 mph use big core Asyms and play either up 10 or straight down 10. I want a ball that will allow me to play the same. The problem I seem to be having is that most of the new balls are hook monsters and will not match up with my speed. I don't want to go with urethane and would like to stay with Radical but at this time all options will be taken into consideration
Thank you.
44boyd
Preferred Company: Radical, Brunswick

Re: Seeking recommendations for a ball.

Post by 44boyd »

The ball speed is going to be tough, but a short pin layout sounds like a possible solution
Stacy
EricHartwell
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 4-3/4" and 1/2"up
Speed: 16 off hand
Rev Rate: 330
Axis Tilt: 12
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical Tremendous, EVO solid, Hammer Obsession
Medium Oil Ball: EVO pearl, True Motion, Columbia Command, DV8 Intimidator
Light Oil Ball: Blue Hammer

Re: Seeking recommendations for a ball.

Post by EricHartwell »

Mickii wrote: December 4th, 2021, 11:56 pm I am a soon to be 73 year old right-handed senior. My speed measures between 12.8-13.2. I am currently bowling on a condition that is demanding I play standing between 25-31 and aim around 12-18 at the arrows. The equipment I am using are Bonus 4000 abralon pin up and cg kicked out 1.5 and an Intel drilled with thr same layout only 2000 abralon. I continue to observe bowlers with speeds in excess of 15 mph use big core Asyms and play either up 10 or straight down 10. I want a ball that will allow me to play the same. The problem I seem to be having is that most of the new balls are hook monsters and will not match up with my speed. I don't want to go with urethane and would like to stay with Radical but at this time all options will be taken into consideration
Thank you.
Welcome to BowlingChat

What weight bowling balls are you rollling?

Check out this link...

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=373

All of your Release specs are needed, Specifically your Tilt and Rotation. Trying to analyse without all of the info is just guessing.

If you are having difficulty because of a lack of speed, rolling equipment with Dull and Matte finishes are just making matters worse.
Have your Proshop put a full Shine (5000 grit+) on something you already have.
Eric Hartwell

Right Handed
PAP 4.75" up 1/2"
45* rotation
12* tilt
330 rev rate
16 mph off hand