Brunswick and Morich Balls

Bowling ball related topics including new products, arsenals and comparisons.

Moderator: Moderators

MegaMav
THS Average: 225
Sport Average: 200
Positive Axis Point: 5.5 Over & 1 Up
Speed: 16.0 MPH - Camera
Rev Rate: 375
Axis Tilt: 14
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical - Informer
Medium Oil Ball: Brunswick - Fearless
Light Oil Ball: Radical - Bonus Pearl
Preferred Company: Radical Bowling Technologies

Re: Brunswick and Morich Balls

Post by MegaMav »

If you can post your delivery specs, the experts here can help you.
Otherwise, this is mere conjecture as to what the issue is with your equipment.
A weak drilled urethane outperforming modern reactive equipment doesnt sound right.

Let us help you, get us the information we need to do so.
Please refer to this post: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=373" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
gdog812
THS Average: 190
Positive Axis Point: over 4 3/4 up 1/4
Heavy Oil Ball: Raging Inferno Or Ultimate Inferno
Medium Oil Ball: Avalanche Pearl Reactive
Light Oil Ball: Groove Reactive
Preferred Company: Brunswick

Post by gdog812 »

Sorry if I confused you, it is the Pearl Reactive (Blue/Ivory) Avalanche, not the new Urethane one.
MegaMav wrote:If you can post your delivery specs, the experts here can help you.
Otherwise, this is mere conjecture as to what the issue is with your equipment.
A weak drilled urethane outperforming modern reactive equipment doesnt sound right.

Let us help you, get us the information we need to do so.
Please refer to this post: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=373" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
gdog812

Post by gdog812 »

First of all let me tell you I bowl and am from a small town. The bowling alley I bowl at doesn't even have Automatic Scorers (we still score by hand). So, therefore my specs will be by my personal observations only. There aren't any reallly good drillers in my area (therefore I drill my own balls).
The specs that I know are, I am right handed. I would say my speed is average or a bit above. I get above average revs, but not like the big crankers. I don't know what my tilt is, but I can tell you my PAP is over 4.75, up .25. I mostly bowl on wood lanes, but most of the tournaments I go to are synthetic lanes (but I only got to 2 to 3 tournaments a year now). I would say I am more rev dominant, because I have more problems with the ball going across the front (not going long enough) than anything else. I seem to do better with Pear Reactive Balls. My worst balls are Solid particles.
gdog812 wrote:Sorry if I confused you, it is the Pearl Reactive (Blue/Ivory) Avalanche, not the new Urethane one.
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace
Preferred Company: MoRich, & now RADICAL BT

Post by Mo Pinel »

gdog812 wrote:First of all let me tell you I bowl and am from a small town. The bowling alley I bowl at doesn't even have Automatic Scorers (we still score by hand). So, therefore my specs will be by my personal observations only. There aren't any reallly good drillers in my area (therefore I drill my own balls).
The specs that I know are, I am right handed. I would say my speed is average or a bit above. I get above average revs, but not like the big crankers. I don't know what my tilt is, but I can tell you my PAP is over 4.75, up .25. I mostly bowl on wood lanes, but most of the tournaments I go to are synthetic lanes (but I only got to 2 to 3 tournaments a year now). I would say I am more rev dominant, because I have more problems with the ball going across the front (not going long enough) than anything else. I seem to do better with Pearl Reactive Balls. My worst balls are Solid particles.

First of all, your problem with going high is probably caused by the higher friction of wood lanes. Check out the Wiki, since you're so resourceful, to find out how to measure tilt. Also, if you follow directions on posting videos, our cracker jack people can give you your delivery specs. If you do research, you can measure the "dual angle" layouts on your existing balls and post them here. Please include the balance hole locations in "gradient line" terminology. That suggestion is offered if you're interested in getting accurate information, instead of sounding off. If you're only interested in sounding off. Thanks for your time.
Rest In Peace (1942-2021)
gdog812

Post by gdog812 »

gdog812 wrote:First of all let me tell you I bowl and am from a small town. The bowling alley I bowl at doesn't even have Automatic Scorers (we still score by hand). So, therefore my specs will be by my personal observations only. There aren't any reallly good drillers in my area (therefore I drill my own balls).
The specs that I know are, I am right handed. I would say my speed is average or a bit above. I get above average revs, but not like the big crankers. I don't know what my tilt is, but I can tell you my PAP is over 4.75, up .25. I mostly bowl on wood lanes, but most of the tournaments I go to are synthetic lanes (but I only got to 2 to 3 tournaments a year now). I would say I am more rev dominant, because I have more problems with the ball going across the front (not going long enough) than anything else. I seem to do better with Pear Reactive Balls. My worst balls are Solid particles. Oh, The oil pattern I bowl on is the typical christmass tree pattern, usually fairly dry from the 10 board to the gutter (when it comes to the roll offs at the end of the year he will have it fairly dry from the around the 8 to 5 board out to the gutter), and he will put it out from 38' to 41' ( he changes the length from night to night).
gdog812

Post by gdog812 »

By no way am I sounding off. If it is coming across like that, I apologize. This has gone way farther than I ever anticipated. I basically wanted to know if the covers on the current balls from big B and morich are considerably better since the Wild Ride and the Ultra Zone. I kepy getting more questions, so I figured, what the heck. The more info I can gather the better. I really do appreciate all the info I have gotten here. And I hope I get more. Thanks!
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Post by Mo Pinel »

gdog812 wrote:By no way am I sounding off. If it is coming across like that, I apologize. This has gone way farther than I ever anticipated. I basically wanted to know if the covers on the current balls from big B and morich are considerably better since the Wild Ride and the Ultra Zone. I kepy getting more questions, so I figured, what the heck. The more info I can gather the better. I really do appreciate all the info I have gotten here. And I hope I get more. Thanks!
It's our pleasure. Welcome to the community.
RedRiverCoach
THS Average: 185
Positive Axis Point: 4 3/4 over 3/8 up
Speed: 17.5
Rev Rate: 325
Axis Tilt: 13
Heavy Oil Ball: Prodigy
Medium Oil Ball: awesome finish
Light Oil Ball: Reign
Preferred Company: Morich

Post by RedRiverCoach »

Welcome to the best bowling site on the net.
To fully see the potential of the people here please post your specs, the info everyone needs and how to get this for them is both here and on the wiki site,you'll see the tab on top of the page for wiki.
If you have any doubts,Try it! I promise you wont be disappointed
The Pros here and even those of us learning dedicated to helping the bowling community.
You wont find better or more accurate info anywhere
Good luck!
Laugh,Love, Live life's to short to hold grudges

In the bag
Storm Prodigy
Morich Awesome Finish
Storm Reign
Hammer Jigsaw
Columbia White dot
MattCosta7
THS Average: 200
Heavy Oil Ball: Mania 40* x 4.25" x 30* P3.5 1000 Sia
Medium Oil Ball: Evil Siege 45 x 4 x 35* 2000
Light Oil Ball: Cherry Vibe 50* x 4.5" x 45* P2 4000 + FF + Extender
Preferred Company: MoRich, Hammer, Roto, Bruns

Post by MattCosta7 »

gdog812 wrote:Basically what I am saying they don't live up to their hype. Although MO has already answered most of which I was looking for, I will add just for you that for example the Wild Ride was suppose to be a big mover off the oil, and it wasn't. Also with that being said it's drive into the pocket was very mild to say the least (also, per bowlingball.com it had a perfect scale number over 200 and I wouldn't even rate it a 150. But Brunswick rated it high also as I recall). I had better movement and drive into the pocket with my Pearl Avalanche (drilled with the pin above the ring finger - 6 1/4" from my PAP) (love that ball). Also, I was not impressed with the Ultra Zone (although I would rate it better than the Wild Ride). But here again, I had better movement and drive into the pocket with my Pearl Avalanche (did I say yet that I really love that ball). Anyway, I use my Pearl Avalanche for the THS, but I need something for oiler conditions and after the trying the Wild Ride and the Ultra Zone, and being disappointed, I was leary as what to buy

Covers come in various strengths or configurations, when you say you are not impressed what exactly do you mean?
[/quote]

There is alot more that goes into the reaction you see on the lane, than the coverstock can dictate. This has to do with the friction, oil, and in more general - the surface of the lane.

The "biggest hooking" stuff on the oil, is designed to create as much friction as possible, in order to hook through the oil, and roll up sooner, so that it can properly roll to the pocket.

On less oil, these create too much friction too soon. The outcome of which, is a loss of energy downlane, and perceived less hook, with no pop, and poor "hit".

If you are getting more out of a 6.25" pap on a pearl avalanche. Without knowing anything else, I'ld say you are on a condition that is either 1) too dry, or 2) too walled.

You have also neglected to mention here any of your drillings, and our release stats. These can have a huge effect on everything that occurs from when you release the ball, to when it's in the pit.

I'm sure that the reasons you didn't like the ball, were either the wrong surface, the wrong drilling, or the wrong condition played, but I don't believe the cover is the problem.
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Post by Mo Pinel »

MattCosta7 wrote:
There is alot more that goes into the reaction you see on the lane, than the coverstock can dictate. This has to do with the friction, oil, and in more general - the surface of the lane.

The "biggest hooking" stuff on the oil, is designed to create as much friction as possible, in order to hook through the oil, and roll up sooner, so that it can properly roll to the pocket.

On less oil, these create too much friction too soon. The outcome of which, is a loss of energy downlane, and perceived less hook, with no pop, and poor "hit".

If you are getting more out of a 6.25" pap on a pearl avalanche. Without knowing anything else, I'ld say you are on a condition that is either 1) too dry, or 2) too walled.

You have also neglected to mention here any of your drillings, and our release stats. These can have a huge effect on everything that occurs from when you release the ball, to when it's in the pit.

I'm sure that the reasons you didn't like the ball, were either the wrong surface, the wrong drilling, or the wrong condition played, but I don't believe the cover is the problem.[/quote]

Matt, I'm waiting for him to do his share by gathering and posting the info necessary to get real help. 'Til then I'm dormant on this thread.
gdog812

Post by gdog812 »

Well, I bought the Wild Ride for Heavier oil (when my Avalanche was sliding too far, or when it was getting too squirty). I also bought it so I could play more in the middle of the lanes (where the heavier oil is). I also bought it because I wasn't impressed with my Ultra Zone (which was suppose to be my heavier oil ball - although I will say it hit better than the Wild Ride, but I still wasn't impressed). At the end of the year (last year) I used and old Ultimate Inferno, A Raging Inferno, and a Track Arsenal (Blk/Aqua one) (I should add that the track Rule GP2 was very good also and just to make you Morich people not feel left out, I had good results with an Awesome Hook also) (with the Raging Inferno being my favorite - because of it's strong move-, but I scored higher with the Arsenal), all of which were far better than the Wild Ride and the Ultra Zone (same house, same conditons, similar drills). I only compared the Wild Ride and the Ultra Zone to my Avalanche Pearl because I knew that I had too illustrate that although the Avalanche Pearl is a weaker ball it still hit the pocket harder and carried better than the Wild Ride and the Ultra Zone. Now, due to old age, I had to move down to 14lbs, and I don't have an Ultimate Inferno, Raging Inferno, or a Arsenal (or Rule GP2, or Awesome Hook) in 14lbs. So, due to not being happy with the Wild Ride and the Ultra Zone, I just need to know if the covers are better for big B and Morich since the making of the Wild Ride and Ultra Zone. If not, I was going to buy a Virtual Gavity ( I have seen a lot of people bowl good with that ball, even though some aren't great bowlers).
MattCosta7 wrote:

I'm sure that the reasons you didn't like the ball, were either the wrong surface, the wrong drilling, or the wrong condition played, but I don't believe the cover is the problem.[/quote]
MegaMav
THS Average: 225
Sport Average: 200
Positive Axis Point: 5.5 Over & 1 Up
Speed: 16.0 MPH - Camera
Rev Rate: 375
Axis Tilt: 14
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical - Informer
Medium Oil Ball: Brunswick - Fearless
Light Oil Ball: Radical - Bonus Pearl
Preferred Company: Radical Bowling Technologies

Post by MegaMav »

gdog812 wrote:So, due to not being happy with the Wild Ride and the Ultra Zone, I just need to know if the covers are better for big B and Morich since the making of the Wild Ride and Ultra Zone. If not, I was going to buy a Virtual Gavity ( I have seen a lot of people bowl good with that ball, even though some aren't great bowlers).
This thread is going nowhere.
You're not willing to give the experts what they need to help you out.
You got your answer from Mr. Pinel on the first page.
Mo Pinel wrote: The covers both of us are using are on the cutting edge of the industry. We are way ahead of what you saw on the Wild Ride. MoRich's new "super" covers started with the Craze. Look at the videos of Jack Jurek throwing our balls in the videos on the home page of http://www.morichbowling.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. I didn't like the Wild Ride, either.
Thread locked, best of luck.

-Eric