Motiv Tank Blitz thoughts

Bowling ball related topics including new products, arsenals and comparisons.

Moderator: Moderators

magicmike
THS Average: 225
Positive Axis Point: 4-1/2"> 3/4"^
Speed: 17 off my hand
Rev Rate: 325
Axis Tilt: 17
Axis Rotation: 55
Heavy Oil Ball: Jackal Ghost, Forge Flare
Medium Oil Ball: Forge Fire, Jackal Flash, Venom Shock
Light Oil Ball: Supra, Desert Tank
Preferred Company: Motiv

Motiv Tank Blitz thoughts

Post by magicmike »

Motiv has been dabbling in some new coverstock territory, with what they are marketing as Microcell Polymer. From seeing balls come through our local pro shop and bowlers around, I believe it's similar in vain as the SPEC covers that Storm is producing, as they extremely slowly absorb oil, but are not weak like the traditional urethane balls. The biggest boon of this, is the balls shape more urethane like, but you can stuff a flaring core in them so they don't trash lane patterns as bad.

All this said, the Covert Tank came out first, huge flaring core, and it is really smooth and shapes extremely well on lighter patterns. The new Blitz is a whole different animal, I cannot overstate how early it is, whatever voodoo magic is done on the coverstock really kicked the strength up. I'll get some video of both and compared to some other balls in the current Motiv lineup now that we are at the end of harvest and I will have free time again.

I'm not saying the Blitz is a complete game changer, and it may prove to be a niche piece, but it's extremely different to have a ball so early, but still be pretty continuous, it almost acts like an old particle ball with a lot of surface, but with a little more movement downlane.
scotts33
Positive Axis Point: 4 7/8" > 3/8" up
Speed: 16 off hand
Axis Rotation: 60
Heavy Oil Ball: Motiv T10 LE 60* 4" 60* no hole symm. OOB pin down

Re: Motiv Tank Blitz thoughts

Post by scotts33 »

Mike,

From what I have seen of the Tank Blitz....why not take a Venom Shock put 2000 on it as in the Blitz OOB and you would have the same motion and total hook of the Blitz? They would have to be close on the same pattern with the same layout and surface.

I do see the Covert Tank as a more usable ball for most bowlers.

Scott
magicmike
THS Average: 225
Positive Axis Point: 4-1/2"> 3/4"^
Speed: 17 off my hand
Axis Rotation: 55
Heavy Oil Ball: Jackal Ghost, Forge Flare
Medium Oil Ball: Forge Fire, Jackal Flash, Venom Shock
Light Oil Ball: Supra, Desert Tank
Preferred Company: Motiv

Re: Motiv Tank Blitz thoughts

Post by magicmike »

scotts33 wrote: December 1st, 2019, 3:23 pm Mike,

From what I have seen of the Tank Blitz....why not take a Venom Shock put 2000 on it as in the Blitz OOB and you would have the same motion and total hook of the Blitz? They would have to be close on the same pattern with the same layout and surface.

I do see the Covert Tank as a more usable ball for most bowlers.

Scott
Hey Scott,

Had a few things drag out longer than expected but finally all wrapped with farm work for the season, and with some holiday down time i'll get the video camera out.

In comparison the Blitz is stronger overall than the Shock for me at the same surface, the Shock is by no means an angular ball, but when compared to the Blitz it almost looks that way.