Arsenal Help

Bowling ball related topics including new products, arsenals and comparisons.

Moderator: Moderators

forhuskers

Arsenal Help

Post by forhuskers »

I know...I know, these questions get somewhat monotonous but I'm looking for suggestions. First of all, I dropped down to 14 lb this year, so I am rebuilding. My arsenal consists of all Hammer equipment: Scandal/S Hybrid Sym), Web Tour (Solid Sym), Black Widow Pink (asym pearl), and Orange Vibe (sym solid). I also have a White Dot.

Where do you see some possible gaps to fill in? I think I need something between the Scandal and the Web Tour. I'm not sure if I would slot the BW Pink in that spot. I'd prefer to stay with Hammer, but Radical would work. In fact I was thinking about the Ludicrous Pearl (asym pearl) to fit that slot. I had one at 15 lb and really liked it.

One more question, would you use 14 lbs for your strike balls and a 15 for spares? I have both but not real fond of how the 14 is drilled. I get some rubbing on the side of my thumb, but not with the 15.

Anywho, thanks in advance for any help.
44boyd
Preferred Company: Radical, Brunswick

Re: Arsenal Help

Post by 44boyd »

Are you just bowling league? A solid asymmetrical is the only thing you’re missing. But if you’re on a house shot, you’re covered.
Stacy
krava
Probation
Probation
Preferred Company: hammer

Post by krava »

44boyd is right. The only thing I can add in there is this. Are you Rev Dom, Speed Dom or matched? Rev dom people have more symmetric equipment and speed Dom people have more asym balls.

I would recommend a radical conspiracy solid. I have a Storm super sonic (it is less powerful then the scandal/s and requires less oil). I pull the conspiracy out when the super sonic isn't turning the corner enough or I need more entry angle to the pocket.

Let me do a do over here. Lets say I have those 4 balls. I would start off with the web tour as far right as possible and see how it reacts. If I can't get that ball to move, I would then get the Scandal/s (the only reason the web tour wouldn't move is if there is a flood of oil and you need a stronger ball). The scandal/s would be a good ball to play a LONG pattern with. For a house shot the Scandal/s is too strong unless your rev rate is low. It wouldn't be put in my normal house shot bag. To me, the black widow pink is a step up from the web tour. The backend is better. I would move left with the widow pink when the web tour isn't enough. If the pink widow goes too far down the lane for you before it reacts, then you have to slow the ball speed down, or upgrade to a solid asym. The orange vibe is a light oil ball sort of like my rotogrip Hustle. It can be used to ball down to from the web if the web is over hooking because the lanes are getting drier.

What you have to ask yourself is, why do I need a ball? What happens out there on the lanes that I can't deal with, with what I got. With what you have for me it would be a good medium heavy asm. If I am correct, a good medium heavy asm helps blend out the wet dry condition when that happens but I could be wrong.

Then there is the question: Am I throwing the ball correctly? This is how drastic things can change. Our lanes have the same oil pattern put down no matter what league. On Thursday, I wasn't paying attention well and I started out standing on 24 playing close to straight up 10. It might have been 1o to 9 or 10 to 8 at most. Today I focused my practice on making sure my fingers are on the inside of the ball at all times and my wrist is behind the ball. (In order for me to do this well, I have to concentrate on where my finger position is the entire time in the swing). I stood on 24 threw the same shot and the ball had way way too much backend. 2 more shots later, I was standing on 33 throwing across 12/13 out to 6/7. Both conditions where the same, fresh oil shot. I was using a storm rocketship drilled for control (close to your web tour). I used the rocketship for 2-2.5 games on 1 lane and then upgraded to the storm supersonic. That storm supersonic hit the pins for some reason a lot harder then the rocketship (Super sonic is 16 and rocket is 15lbs) There was messenger pins every shot. The next ball up would have been the conspiracy or depending on the condtion, maybe move back right a little and use the rocketship a little more.

https://www.buddiesproshop.com/sales-ev ... ted-specs/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; $99 I paid $219 drilled at wicks.

[not sure where my tripod is so couldn't video] I am going tonight to bowl, I will give you some video. I will use a Game Breaker 3 (close to the web tour), Super sonic (close to the scandal/s) and will use the conspiracy.
TonyPR
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Preferred Company: Radical

Post by TonyPR »

Keep it simple, I really like your arsenal. I would only add some 360, 500, 1000 and 2000 pads to tune the surface of the Web Tour and Scandal if needed.
Silver Level Coach
Kegel KCMP1 and KCMP2 Completed /Approved Exam
Kegel KCMP3 Completed
Kegel Certified Pro Shop Operator
Free agent
forhuskers

Post by forhuskers »

Thanks guys! TonyPR-I have them! :D