Brunswick BTU Pearl?

Bowling ball related topics including new products, arsenals and comparisons.

Moderator: Moderators

Lancerdad34

Brunswick BTU Pearl?

Post by Lancerdad34 »

I bowl on wood lanes that are most of the time are on the dry side. I have found that reactive and even my blue hammer urethane snap to hard on the back end. I have been using my Columbia white dot with much success. I am a lefty and my favorite line is right down the five board which works great for the plastic ball. The down side is the carry can be a little shaky.
i am looking into the BTU pearl for more carry with the same type of reaction as the plastic. Thanks for any advice.

Brian in Mi
TonyPR
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Preferred Company: Radical

Re: Brunswick BTU Pearl?

Post by TonyPR »

Track Spare Plus, a plastic with a real core (the Paradox core)... drill according to your specs.
Silver Level Coach
Kegel KCMP1 and KCMP2 Completed /Approved Exam
Kegel KCMP3 Completed
Kegel Certified Pro Shop Operator
Free agent
Lancerdad34

Post by Lancerdad34 »

Thanks Tony!
EricHartwell
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 4-3/4" and 1/2"up
Speed: 16 off hand
Rev Rate: 330
Axis Tilt: 12
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical Tremendous, EVO solid, Hammer Obsession
Medium Oil Ball: EVO pearl, True Motion, Columbia Command, DV8 Intimidator
Light Oil Ball: Blue Hammer

Post by EricHartwell »

Welcome to BowlingChat

Getting the layout done correctly is especially important when drilling one of the Asymmetrical Plastics being offered today. Knowing your release specs will help a great deal.
Check out this link for the information needed...

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=373" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

While the BTU Pearl could be a good option it will not react like Plastic. It will require a different lane play strategy.
Eric Hartwell

Right Handed
PAP 4.75" up 1/2"
45* rotation
12* tilt
330 rev rate
16 mph off hand
slmrcs

Post by slmrcs »

I've switched over to no thumb a few months ago and anyway, to try something more controlled I got a BTU pearl on sale for a urethane type reaction. It may be better than urethane, but that would be because it's not urethane. I then found a used blue hammer. The BTU is much stronger with a reactive reaction on backend.

The ball that ended up using to practice on my no thumb conversation (my ball was hooking crazy all over the place) was the Track Spare plus. It's like plastic, but with shape for better carry.
So I've used all 3 of these, and don't think there is much comparison at all.

Track spare plus is a great ball. It doesn't have the early roll and carry down problems of urethane. I think much more of a dry lane ball.
VLe
BCU Graduate Layouts
BCU Graduate Layouts
Speed: 17
Rev Rate: 320
Axis Tilt: 20
Axis Rotation: 55
Preferred Company: Radical

Post by VLe »

slmrcs wrote:It may be better than urethane, but that would be because it's not urethane.
In my own empirical research I’ve found that when compared to true urethane balls, only thing better in BTU is included in the name of the ball. Always either very snappy at the back end or just plain roller to me. :lol:

But really your situation sounds that it has a lot of potential for urethane balls. Something with a controllable, smooth arc motion. Some urethanes are snappy, some very smooth so dont judge them too soon.
Right Handed
PAP 4 3/8" x 0"
60* rotation
17.5* tilt
320-360 rev rate
17mph off hand