Dynothane Spark

Bowling ball related topics including new products, arsenals and comparisons.

Moderator: Moderators

Mongo
Certified Coach
Certified Coach
THS Average: 225
Positive Axis Point: 4 1/2" over, 1 1/2" up
Speed: 18 MPH
Rev Rate: 375
Axis Tilt: 12
Axis Rotation: 80
Preferred Company: DV8/Radical

Dynothane Spark

Post by Mongo »

You may remember last year that Dynothane tried a relaunch (well, AZO took their name, but whatever). As far as I know, they were made at EBI, but that's about it.

I may have picked up a NIB Spark off eBay for the price of a decent steak from Outback.

I know it's a med/high RG (2.55) and med diff (.042) with a hybrid cover, but I wondered if anybody had seen/thrown one to get a better idea how how it rolled.
USBC Silver Certified Coach
JMerrell wrote:Mongo,
We need to work on getting that teddy bear body of yours more open throughout the approach.
guruU2
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Re: Dynothane Spark

Post by guruU2 »

Mongo wrote:remember last year that Dynothane tried a relaunch
Is Dynothane still made by Ebonite exclusively for Japan? AZO made by Storm for Japan? In brief marketing attempts, neither company took off in the American market.
-Gary Parsons
If one does not know one's product, one can not manage nor promote the product one does not know.
Mongo
Certified Coach
Certified Coach
THS Average: 225
Positive Axis Point: 4 1/2" over, 1 1/2" up
Speed: 18 MPH
Rev Rate: 375
Axis Tilt: 12
Axis Rotation: 80
Preferred Company: DV8/Radical

Re: Dynothane Spark

Post by Mongo »

guruU2 wrote:
Is Dynothane still made by Ebonite exclusively for Japan? AZO made by Storm for Japan? In brief marketing attempts, neither company took off in the American market.
AFAIK, the Spark and Vendetta were released in the US to get back in the market. They were poured in Hopkinsville.

I'm guessing the Spark is your standard symmetrical hybrid, but was looking for a little more info. Heck, I got it for $23 plus shipping. I've paid that for a mediocre movie.
USBC Silver Certified Coach
JMerrell wrote:Mongo,
We need to work on getting that teddy bear body of yours more open throughout the approach.