Layout for Storm Mix

Bowling ball related topics including new products, arsenals and comparisons.

Moderator: Moderators

vicsmyth

Layout for Storm Mix

Post by vicsmyth »

The Storm Mix, my favorite spare ball, has a pancake weight block. The pin marks the cg. I have one and simply put the pin right in the center of my grip. After I shot a 720 series with it on dry lanes I bought another one. I assume that as long as I keep the pin right in my centergrip when I lay it out that I can orient the grip holes in such a way so that the ball does not track over the engraved logos?

If you're asking why I am concerned about the ball tracking over the logos, my most honest answer is: pure superstition.
EricHartwell
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 4-3/4" and 1/2"up
Speed: 16 off hand
Rev Rate: 330
Axis Tilt: 12
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical Tremendous, EVO solid, Hammer Obsession
Medium Oil Ball: EVO pearl, True Motion, Columbia Command, DV8 Intimidator
Light Oil Ball: Blue Hammer

Re: Layout for Storm Mix

Post by EricHartwell »

vicsmyth wrote:The Storm Mix, my favorite spare ball, has a pancake weight block. The pin marks the cg. I have one and simply put the pin right in the center of my grip. After I shot a 720 series with it on dry lanes I bought another one. I assume that as long as I keep the pin right in my centergrip when I lay it out that I can orient the grip holes in such a way so that the ball does not track over the engraved logos?

If you're asking why I am concerned about the ball tracking over the logos, my most honest answer is: pure superstition.
Yes, you can turn the ball about the Cg (Pin) and it will not be any different.

Are you also going to match the same post drilled top weight?
Just wondering how far your superstitions went.
Eric Hartwell

Right Handed
PAP 4.75" up 1/2"
45* rotation
12* tilt
330 rev rate
16 mph off hand
vicsmyth

Re: Layout for Storm Mix

Post by vicsmyth »

Eric, Thanks for you reply. As a stroker, and I know that this is controversial, I have found my balls have more hitting power if they have 1/2 to 1 oz top weight post drilling. So I generally aim for that. I use the Storm Mix mostly for spares, but it's still nice to have that little extra to carry a bucket or 3,9,10. So yes, my superstitions apply there as well. I also have to eat a peanut butter sandwich before league, and cannot wear a shirt with a collar. :)