Board index » General Forums » Ball Talk

Post subject: Layout for Storm Mix
 Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:49 pm Post Number: #1 Post

Reputation Power: 1
The Storm Mix, my favorite spare ball, has a pancake weight block. The pin marks the cg. I have one and simply put the pin right in the center of my grip. After I shot a 720 series with it on dry lanes I bought another one. I assume that as long as I keep the pin right in my centergrip when I lay it out that I can orient the grip holes in such a way so that the ball does not track over the engraved logos?

If you're asking why I am concerned about the ball tracking over the logos, my most honest answer is: pure superstition.

Post subject: Re: Layout for Storm Mix
 Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:16 pm Post Number: #2 Post
BCU Graduate Layouts

Reputation Power: 4
vicsmyth wrote:
The Storm Mix, my favorite spare ball, has a pancake weight block. The pin marks the cg. I have one and simply put the pin right in the center of my grip. After I shot a 720 series with it on dry lanes I bought another one. I assume that as long as I keep the pin right in my centergrip when I lay it out that I can orient the grip holes in such a way so that the ball does not track over the engraved logos?

If you're asking why I am concerned about the ball tracking over the logos, my most honest answer is: pure superstition.

Yes, you can turn the ball about the Cg (Pin) and it will not be any different.

Are you also going to match the same post drilled top weight?
Just wondering how far your superstitions went.

Right Handed
PAP 4.75" up 1/2"
45* rotation
12* tilt
330 rev rate
16 mph off hand

Post subject: Re: Layout for Storm Mix
 Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:03 pm Post Number: #3 Post

Reputation Power: 1
Eric, Thanks for you reply. As a stroker, and I know that this is controversial, I have found my balls have more hitting power if they have 1/2 to 1 oz top weight post drilling. So I generally aim for that. I use the Storm Mix mostly for spares, but it's still nice to have that little extra to carry a bucket or 3,9,10. So yes, my superstitions apply there as well. I also have to eat a peanut butter sandwich before league, and cannot wear a shirt with a collar. :)

Board index » General Forums » Ball Talk