You can easily see this effect if you are allowed to walk down to the backend. Urethane and polyester will give long streaks, while reactive carrydown looks like a UK police tapeMegaMav wrote:
Because the reactive ball absorbs the oil into the coverstock and only causes carrydown on the bowtie.
The urethane ball, when you wipe the ball, it smears oil all over the ball and doesnt absorb. Oil sits on the covestock of the ball. The entire track flare of the ball deposits oil on the lane, most notably past the end of the oil pattern.
Bowling ball related topics including new products, arsenals and comparisons.
- Certified Coach
- Posts: 267
- Joined: March 10th, 2013, 9:59 pm
- Sport Average: 180
- Positive Axis Point: 3 1/2 right, 1 1/2 up
- Speed: 15.5 downlane
- Rev Rate: 450
- Axis Tilt: 0
- Axis Rotation: 30
- Heavy Oil Ball: Storm Marvel Pearl
- Medium Oil Ball: Brunswick Inferno
- Light Oil Ball: Storm Timeless
- Preferred Company: 900 Global
- Location: Svolvær, Lofoten, Norway
68.2353°N 14.5636°E is where it happens!