Help picking bowling balls for 2 handers

Bowling ball related topics including new products, arsenals and comparisons.

Moderator: Moderators

bself6

Help picking bowling balls for 2 handers

Post by bself6 »

So I am looking to get a new ball but I am struggling to decide. As the title states I am a 2 hander and I was just wondering if there are certain types of balls I should gravitate towards.

I am a 210 average league bowler with high revs that throws 17-18 mph on the monitor so I am not sure on release. I do not know my PAP or axis tilt or exact revs.

I am wondering if I should look for balls with more/less hook, more backend vs earlier break, polished/matte, etc... I have bowled with a storm crossroad for years and have not had much experience testing out other bowling balls.

I have been looking at the storm Hy-road nano or Timeless but still not sure.

I basically just want some advice on more details I need to look into or ball recommendations before just buying a ball randomly.

Thank you and feel free to ask any questions for more clarification
44boyd
Preferred Company: Radical, Brunswick

Re: Help picking bowling balls for 2 handers

Post by 44boyd »

A urethane would be wise, they are always useful when reactive resin is too much.
Stacy
gunso

Post by gunso »

I'd start with any middle of the road ball the companies are selling.

Storm - iq tour, hyroad, torrent but i'd recommend the marvel pearl the most.
rotogrip - all out show off, hustle ink, hustle hyb, daredevil
radical - cyclops, beyond ridicilous, intel
900 global - black ops, covert ops, honey badger, drift and even the x2. the shadow ops urethane option i believe is a good urethane option for house shots

don't follow dv8 and brunswick close enough
bself6

Post by bself6 »

I was actually reading about urethane balls recently but I am not really having a problem controlling my reaction but I was reading that urethane might not be the best if I mainly bowl on a typical house shot.
I was also saw that the marvel pearl has had some great reviews so I have also been considering that.
TonyPR
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Preferred Company: Radical

Post by TonyPR »

Your approach has nothing to do with ball choice, choose a ball that matches your specs and lane conditions. Some two handers are rev dominant, others are matched and others severely rev dominant. Most of us have low tilt, some have more average/low tilt (10*-12*) and some even have negative tilt. Axis rotation also plays a part. If you don’t use your thumb choose a ball with short pin to cg and keep the cg close to your ring finger hole. I am low tilt around 420 rpms 15-16 monitor speed and am liking a lot on a house shot the Hammer Rebel, shot 237 on my first game with it, it’s a medium pearl ball, pin above RF/bridge about 1/2” above, no balance hole, 38’ buffed to 40’, med-high vol easy shot, pro anvilane.
Silver Level Coach
Kegel KCMP1 and KCMP2 Completed /Approved Exam
Kegel KCMP3 Completed
Kegel Certified Pro Shop Operator
Free agent
TonyPR
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Preferred Company: Radical

Post by TonyPR »

For those more technical, my layout on the Rebel should be something around ?x5x45... I eyeballed this one.
Silver Level Coach
Kegel KCMP1 and KCMP2 Completed /Approved Exam
Kegel KCMP3 Completed
Kegel Certified Pro Shop Operator
Free agent