Planning a new 4 ball arsenal. Any suggestions?

Bowling ball related topics including new products, arsenals and comparisons.

Moderator: Moderators

etnhero

Planning a new 4 ball arsenal. Any suggestions?

Post by etnhero »

Hi all, I had an idea of a 4 ball arsenal that let me bowl on a variety of sport patterns. I'm a left handed stroker (200 RPMs), lower ball speed (13-14 mph), about 30-45 degrees of rotation, and medium axis tilt. I wanted to see if my choices were sufficient and/or if other balls would perform better in the same slot. I prefer to roll Storm/Roto Grip equipment but any suggestions from other ball companies are fine as well.

Arsenal:

1) Storm Sure Lock: Solid asymmetrical ball. Earliest, smoothest roll. I've seen a lot of pros have success with this ball (Liz Johnson just won Chameleon with it).

2) Storm Intense: Pearl asymmetrical. Will give me more length than the Sure Lock but the same mid lane read. More angular motion as well.

Roto Grip Dare Devil Trick: Solid symmetrical ball. Benchmark type reaction. Very versatile; I've seen a variety of players use this. Looks like a great ball to have in the middle of my bag.

Storm HyRoad: Hybrid symmetrical ball. Arguably the most revered Storm balls. Gives me an option when the lanes transition a bit. Being a left hander, I won't see a ton of transition in tournament play but can still expect the front oil to break down.
river800
THS Average: 202
Preferred Company: Storm/radical

Re: Planning a new 4 ball arsenal. Any suggestions?

Post by river800 »

Before putting together a small sport arsenal, we need more information about the sport conditions that you are referring to. Like, what lengths and volume do you believe you will see in the near future?

Now, do you want these balls specifically for sport and NOT for a THS?

Last question, are you estimating your tilt?
Stats:
Right handed
Pap is 4 3/4 x 3/8 up currently
Speed around 16.5 off hand
Tilt in the 14-16* range
Rev rate: around 325 - 350 or so
Axis rotation in the 25-70* range
I bowl on Brunswick synthetics. Ths...