Ball suggestions needed

Bowling ball related topics including new products, arsenals and comparisons.

Moderator: Moderators

Wingleedeer

Ball suggestions needed

Post by Wingleedeer »

Hello everyone. I'm looking for suggestions comparable to the Brunswick Zone Classic. Mine cracked on me at the lane the other day and it's time for an upgrade. Thanks!
EricHartwell
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 4-3/4" and 1/2"up
Speed: 16 off hand
Rev Rate: 330
Axis Tilt: 12
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical Tremendous, EVO solid, Hammer Obsession
Medium Oil Ball: EVO pearl, True Motion, Columbia Command, DV8 Intimidator
Light Oil Ball: Blue Hammer

Re: Ball suggestions needed

Post by EricHartwell »

Wingleedeer wrote:Hello everyone. I'm looking for suggestions comparable to the Brunswick Zone Classic. Mine cracked on me at the lane the other day and it's time for an upgrade. Thanks!
Welcome to BowlingChat

The Classic Zone is an Asymmetrical ball with a med oil coverstock.

Brunswick seems to have gotten away from Asymmetrical cored balls. I see only one in their current line up. The True Nirvana, which has a stronger coverstock and core that is less Asymmetrical but has a higher differential. Something like this will make for a stronger reaction and meant for oilier conditions than your old Classic.

The Classic Zone used the same coverstock as the Inferno which is offered today but with additives to help enhance the reaction for todays conditions and a Symmetrical core. You could go with something like that but would need a different layout to make it behave like your old Classic. To give you the same type of reaction I would need to know the layout on the Classic. If you do not know what it is in Dual angles, pictures of your ball would help.

For layout information there is some basic information needed.
PAP
Speed
Revs
Rotation
Tilt
L/H or R/H
Check out this link...

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=373" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So knowing the layout on your old ball and your release specs a layout can be determined to give to a similar reaction on a replacement ball.
Eric Hartwell

Right Handed
PAP 4.75" up 1/2"
45* rotation
12* tilt
330 rev rate
16 mph off hand