RipR

Bowling ball related topics including new products, arsenals and comparisons.

Moderator: Moderators

jsluk
THS Average: 175
Positive Axis Point: Right Handed - 5" over 1/2" up
Speed: 14 mph off hand
Rev Rate: 300
Axis Tilt: 17
Axis Rotation: 75
Heavy Oil Ball: Storm Virtual Gravity 40x4x40
Medium Oil Ball: MoRich Frenzy 70x5.5x60 P3; MoRich Craze 60x2.25x40 P2
Light Oil Ball: Radical Cyclops 115x1.75x45; Low Flare

RipR

Post by jsluk »

What conditions are this new ball especially designed for ? Can this ball be used as a bench mark ball for a low speed low rev style of bowler for used in THS ? Thanks.
Right handed
Lanes - synthetic;
14 mph off hand
Revs 300 rpm
AR - 50 to 70 degrees
AT - 17 degrees
PAP - 5" over 1/2" up
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace
Preferred Company: MoRich, & now RADICAL BT

Re: RipR

Post by Mo Pinel »

jsluk wrote:What conditions are this new ball especially designed for ? Can this ball be used as a bench mark ball for a low speed low rev style of bowler for used in THS ? Thanks.

Absolutely! Post your delivery specs and I'll recommend a layout. It's the most versatile ball on the market, in my opinion.
Rest In Peace (1942-2021)
jsluk
THS Average: 175
Positive Axis Point: Right Handed - 5" over 1/2" up
Speed: 14 mph off hand
Rev Rate: 300
Axis Tilt: 17
Axis Rotation: 75
Heavy Oil Ball: Storm Virtual Gravity 40x4x40
Medium Oil Ball: MoRich Frenzy 70x5.5x60 P3; MoRich Craze 60x2.25x40 P2
Light Oil Ball: Radical Cyclops 115x1.75x45; Low Flare

Post by jsluk »

Mo, thanks for the prompt response. I am really new with the terminology. Here is a first attempt to supply my bowling stats and other relevant information. I'm am most comfortable throwing a down and in shot between 1st and 2nd arrow. But can swing it if needed. However, due to low revs or lack of hand, I can only swing between 3rd arrow or middle between 2nd and 3rd arrow. Otherwise, the ball will not come back to the pocket.

Current arensal is rather condition specific:
1. 14# Storm Virtual Gravity drilled 4x4 strong w/ 2.5" pin buffer per the drill sheet for heavy oil or long conditions
2. 14# Seismic Desperado drilled 70x5.25x30 for light oil to dry conditions

Bowls right handed
Average 170. (Need to work on 10 pin spares - missing about 4 every league session)
PAP - 5 over and 1/2 up per my driller
Speed (14 to 14.5 mph per Qubica)
Rev Rate - Low but I have not measured it
Initial Axis Rotation - 45 deg. (just a guess since I am neither spinner nor straight roller)
Initial Axis Tilt - Don't know
What surface you want the ball for - synthetic
What lane condition you are bowling on most of the time - Bowl on couples league once every other week; medius THS
Do you think you are speed or revolutions dominate? speed dominate
Right handed
Lanes - synthetic;
14 mph off hand
Revs 300 rpm
AR - 50 to 70 degrees
AT - 17 degrees
PAP - 5" over 1/2" up
elgavachon
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by elgavachon »

Welcome
I see this is your first post. The wiki has some information on how to find your rotation and tilt.
Measure the distance between the oil ring closest to your grip across the ball. subtract from 13 1/2 inches. for every 1/2 inch, add 3.3* of tilt.
for rotation:
You will need to find your axis and place a piece of tape on it. (when you have the correct spot, the tape will stay stable right at your release. You will need to have someone watch from behind you. If you can put that spot on this chart, you will have an idea of your rotation.
http://wiki.bowlingchat.net/wiki/index. ... ltball.JPG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Another way would be to post a video of ball in a delivery with the tape on your axis. from directly behind ball from floor level.
MattInTheHatt has posted some information in the wiki on how to do the video. If you place tape from axis to above fingers, he can also find your rev rate. (also on the wiki)
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace
Preferred Company: MoRich, & now RADICAL BT

Post by Mo Pinel »

jsluk wrote:Mo, thanks for the prompt response. I am really new with the terminology. Here is a first attempt to supply my bowling stats and other relevant information. I'm am most comfortable throwing a down and in shot between 1st and 2nd arrow. But can swing it if needed. However, due to low revs or lack of hand, I can only swing between 3rd arrow or middle between 2nd and 3rd arrow. Otherwise, the ball will not come back to the pocket.

Current arensal is rather condition specific:
1. 14# Storm Virtual Gravity drilled 4x4 strong w/ 2.5" pin buffer per the drill sheet for heavy oil or long conditions
2. 14# Seismic Desperado drilled 70x5.25x30 for light oil to dry conditions

Bowls right handed
Average 170. (Need to work on 10 pin spares - missing about 4 every league session)
PAP - 5 over and 1/2 up per my driller
Speed (14 to 14.5 mph per Qubica)
Rev Rate - Low but I have not measured it
Initial Axis Rotation - 45 deg. (just a guess since I am neither spinner nor straight roller)
Initial Axis Tilt - Don't know
What surface you want the ball for - synthetic
What lane condition you are bowling on most of the time - Bowl on couples league once every other week; medium THS
Do you think you are speed or revolutions dominate? speed dominate
Go to Mo's Recommended Layouts for Asymmetrical Balls on the Wiki and do the Sharper Break Point layout for Medium Track players and use a P3 hole. Sand it with a fresh 2000 abralon or Siaair pad to start with. If you want more hook sand it 1000. Let us know how it works.
Rest In Peace (1942-2021)