What's In The Bag for the 2017-2018 Season

Bowling ball related topics including new products, arsenals and comparisons.

Moderator: Moderators

mrbean
THS Average: 150
Speed: 12-14 mph camera
Heavy Oil Ball: kingpin, awesome finish, grind, crank, super carbide bomb,
Medium Oil Ball: soniq, grind/r, primal rage remix
Light Oil Ball: anything that works
Preferred Company: lane #1

Re: What's In The Bag for the 2017-2018 Season

Post by mrbean »

i am about to get a radical cash in place of my weapon of mass bias
If I had 6 hours to chop down a tree I would spend the first 4 sharpening the axe.

-Honest Abe
gunso

Post by gunso »

Rotogrip grenade ("urethane")
AMF Sumo (urethane in 16 lbs so will be more of a niche short pattern ball)
Visionary the crow (urethane)
Rotogrip Daredevil trick
Storm - Code Red
Storm - Hyroad
Rotogrip - Loco solid

Also have a radical yeti unleashed that I'm hoping to be able to slot in there when I get it redrilled and a yeti uncaged which I'm inclined to find a spot for as well.

Thinking about adding the IQ tour if the yeti unleashed doesn't fill that spot as a bit smoother and weaker than the daredevil trick to start with..
LookingForALeftyWall

Post by LookingForALeftyWall »

Now that I've settled into the fall routine of bowling on 2 different shots in 2 different houses, the balls of choice are:

THS:
Storm -IQ Tour Solid
Track - Tundra

White #2:
Roto Grip - Dare Devil Trick
Storm - IQ Tour Solid

The IQ Tour Solid has been the ball of choice for both for the most part. Not sure when my other equipment will be coming out - no sport shot tournaments on the horizon for at least 2 months...
krava
Probation
Probation
Preferred Company: hammer

Post by krava »

Finalized:

Track Spare Plus Drilled with some flare
RotoGrip Hustle Ink Drilled Pin down 65*5 1/4*? (storm IQ shape and roll) Long control
Storm Match drilled Low flare
Storm Match Pearl Skid/Snap motion Drilled ?
Storm Timeless Drilled Control
Radical GURU supreme Drilled long and strong 1000 Gritt

Spare plus rolls just like a plastic spare when a broken straight up the back of the ball release is done but can also hook in dry lane conditions.

Hustle ink: this ball can be used in the exact same spot as the storm timeless when the storm timeless starts to over hook. The ball will have the same shape and length as the timeless when lanes break down a bit. Or it might e able to be used a few boards right of the timeless to start league.

Storm Match: This ball is used for short patterns or when the backends are flying to take out the jumpiness that even the control balls get with jumpy backends. It has a weird shape when rolling, it is more angular I would say then a perfect curve.

Storm Match Pearl: This ball I have had but recently used. This ball can be used in the exact same spot as the storm timeless when the storm timeless starts to over hook or hook too early. It has a skid snap shape to it.

Storm Timeless: This is my benchmark ball which I can use to start league with 9/10 times or more.

radical Guru Supreme: This ball is used to play left. Slower ball speed has to be used. This ball is more of a sort of skid snap. You can see this thing change direction when it actually works right. The asymmetrical core helps out.
ICURNVS
THS Average: 220
Positive Axis Point: 4 1/2 -> 3/4 up
Speed: 16.8 Monitor
Rev Rate: 350
Axis Tilt: 11
Axis Rotation: 30
Heavy Oil Ball: Zen Master
Medium Oil Ball: Power Torq / UFO Alert / Honey Badger Revival
Light Oil Ball: Marvel Pearl / Stellar
Preferred Company: What ever is on Sale

Post by ICURNVS »

For Fresh THS that I see which is usually a Med / Med Heavy

RG Showoff
Motiv Primal Fear
RG Wreck-em
RG INK
Visionary Invasion

HP2 line has a lot of bang for the buck and the INK being in the HP1 line is also a very good ball.

For my Travel League which is usually on a 2nd shift shot tho not always

RG Showoff
RG INK
Visionary Warlock XV
Visionary Attack
Visionary Invasion
** UPDATED STATS AS OF 6-06-19 **
Right Hand
PAP 4 1/2-> 3/4 up
ROTATION 20 - 30
TILT 11.5*
MPH 14.5-15.2 MONITOR
RPM 350-375
RIP Visionary Bowling Products.....
EricHartwell
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 4-3/4" and 1/2"up
Speed: 16 off hand
Rev Rate: 330
Axis Tilt: 12
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical Tremendous, EVO solid, Hammer Obsession
Medium Oil Ball: EVO pearl, True Motion, Columbia Command, DV8 Intimidator
Light Oil Ball: Blue Hammer

Post by EricHartwell »

I wanted to post to this thread back at the beginning of the season but I knew I was going to be adding several balls this year. I am bowling in 4 leagues in 3 different houses. A sport league, mixed couples league and 2-5 man leagues. The lane conditions are vary greatly from league to league. Dialing in the surfaces has been challenging to say the least.

Radical Tremendous ..... 40-4.5-35 P3 ..................................................... 500/1500
Hammer Jigsaw ........... 75-5-40 ............................................................. 1000 grit
Hammer Nail .............. 75-5-40 Motion Hole ........................................... 1000/4000 grit
Hammer Viral ............. 85-4.25-55 Pin in ring finger Motion Hole ................ 800 grit lane shined
Brunswick Edge .......... 80-3-40 Motion Hole ............................................ 4000 grit
Hammer Blue Vibe ...... 60-4-70 balance hole 2" below midline on the VAL ... 2000 grit
Columbia Nitrous ........ 70-4.5-35 Motion Hole ......................................... 2000 w/polish
Blue Hammer ............. 80-3-45 Motion hole ............................................ 4000 grit
Track Spare+ ............. 90-2.5-40 ........................................................... 4000 w/polish

This is a 13# arsenal, thus the prolific use of motion holes to increase the dynamics.
Eric Hartwell

Right Handed
PAP 4.75" up 1/2"
45* rotation
12* tilt
330 rev rate
16 mph off hand