Board index » General Forums » Ball Talk

Post subject: Bowling Ball Spinner (what speed? is it actually better etc)
 Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:53 am Post Number: #1 Post

Reputation Power: 1
I tried to do a search on bowling ball spinner and got all kinds of things showing up and nothing about an actual spinner. I have been told to get one of these by a few people but don't know much about them. They have 1/3hp 1/2hp etc. What is a decent one to get and is it alot better using one of these with a pad then it is with your hand? ALso there is something that you can get that has a handle and a pad that has velco and you can attach a pad to it and use it on the spinner. Is that thing any good?

Post subject: Re: Bowling Ball Spinner (what speed? is it actually better
 Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:56 pm Post Number: #2 Post

krava wrote:
I tried to do a search on bowling ball spinner and got all kinds of things showing up and nothing about an actual spinner. I have been told to get one of these by a few people but don't know much about them. They have 1/3hp 1/2hp etc. What is a decent one to get and is it alot better using one of these with a pad then it is with your hand? ALso there is something that you can get that has a handle and a pad that has velco and you can attach a pad to it and use it on the spinner. Is that thing any good?

https://www.polishyourball.com/smart-sun.html

I don't have spinner. I use this one with an electronic driller.

https://www.polishyourball.com/smart-star.html

Speed: 15.5 mph (Kegel Specto)
Rev: 350 RPM
Axis tilt: 18-20*
Axis rotation: 60*

Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:08 pm Post Number: #3 Post
Trusted Source

Reputation Power: 3
A link to the ball spinner page at Innovative Supplies is below. I don't have one of these myself, but have seen a lot of good posts about them. -- JohnP

http://innovativebowling.com/search.asp ... e=1&catid=

Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:05 pm Post Number: #4 Post

A spinner is nice when its time to resurface a ball. I have a Donkee spinner i picked up used for 50.00

I only use it if I am going to resurface and de-oil a ball or apply some form of polish/compound

For day to day maint. depending on the ball i use a 2k or 4k pad by hand to keep the surface fresh.

ROTATION 20 - 30
TILT 11.5*
MPH 16.7 MONITOR
RPM 350-375
http://WWW.VisionaryBowling.com
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lQgu7EqML0 Raven Attack

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:57 pm Post Number: #5 Post
Certified Coach

Reputation Power: 7
I was just going to ask if anyone on the forum had their own ball spinner, so I looked for Donkee, as that is the brand I have.
I've not used it for many years as I've not bowled since 2005.
Time is overdue to donate this. If nothing else, someone might repurpose the parts.
A bowling buddy of mine made his own spinner years ago. He spotted an old washer or dryer out for disposal, asked the owner, got permission to take it. He used the motor.
He is a "fabrication mechanic".
I used to call him La Machine, because he was a very consistent and accurate bowler.
Always our lead off man!!

There should be a rule of war saying you have to see someone up close and get to know 'em before it's ok to shoot 'em.

Desiderata

John

Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:41 pm Post Number: #6 Post

I have an Innovation 1/2 hp. Best investment I ever made. I use it to clean my balls after play, putting any ball cleaner, even Purple Power, on a rag and holding it on the track area until it is warm, which helps get the oil out of the ball (or plasticizer depending in what article you read). I turn the ball track up about 6 times. It's also the only way to polish a ball, most of my equipment consists of polished pearls. And I have resurfaced balls with it. But to put surface on a ball, according to an article I read on BTM, it is better to scuff the ball by hand. I have balls (pearls and hybrids) that are 3 years old with a few hundred games on them that are 90% as hard hitting as they were out of the box, all due to maintaining them with a spinner. Pay the extra for the 1/2 hp, as I've read that the 1/3 hp can stall if you apply too much pressure, never had any problems with the 1/2 hp. The Innovation is a well engineered, solidly built product, not flimsy at all.

Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:44 am Post Number: #7 Post

krava wrote:

I have a Donkee 1/2 hp

Worth the investment - saves time and money in the long run.

Bought it for my son as a Xmas gift. Now I use it more than him.

There are many worlds out there. Some of them can be accessed through reading. Encourage reading - T.A. Sankar

http://www.tasankar.com

Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:41 am Post Number: #8 Post

I used mine yesterday. I was dealing with a storm rocketship and a radical conspiracy. You can look up the storm rocketship and they say 500 grit 30 sec, 1000 2000 at 20 sec etc. I called up bowlingball.com and asked them how to deal with the conspiracy. They told me it is 500 3000. She told me that I needed to use the pad on 4-6 sides (not sure how many she said) but she said for 5 minutes per side. 5 minutes??? I told her I thought it was 20 seconds because I remember the rocketship info. She got off the phone checked with someone and insisted it was 5 minutes. I just said thanks and hung up and did 500 for 30 seconds each side, then instead of wetsanding at 3000 I just used it dry softly for about 20-30 seconds per side in a circle. It rolled like it was suppose to.

The thing with the spinner is that thing jumps when you turn it on. I can't keep it from jumping. I had it on a granite countertop.

Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:19 pm Post Number: #9 Post

vicsmyth wrote:
I have an Innovation 1/2 hp. Best investment I ever made. I use it to clean my balls after play, putting any ball cleaner, even Purple Power, on a rag and holding it on the track area until it is warm, which helps get the oil out of the ball (or plasticizer depending in what article you read). I turn the ball track up about 6 times. It's also the only way to polish a ball, most of my equipment consists of polished pearls. And I have resurfaced balls with it. But to put surface on a ball, according to an article I read on BTM, it is better to scuff the ball by hand. I have balls (pearls and hybrids) that are 3 years old with a few hundred games on them that are 90% as hard hitting as they were out of the box, all due to maintaining them with a spinner. Pay the extra for the 1/2 hp, as I've read that the 1/3 hp can stall if you apply too much pressure, never had any problems with the 1/2 hp. The Innovation is a well engineered, solidly built product, not flimsy at all.

I have the same spinner and is well worth the money. I get asked how I keep my stuff so nice at the lanes. I like my stuff polished so this is the ticket for me. Steve

Axis Tilt 61 Degrees
Rev Rate 330
Speed 14 MPH at the pins

Board index » General Forums » Ball Talk