ball comparisons?...xeno, jackpot solid, ridiculous

Bowling ball related topics including new products, arsenals and comparisons.

Moderator: Moderators

bfweld

ball comparisons?...xeno, jackpot solid, ridiculous

Post by bfweld »

Hey everyone, just curious if anyone here has any personal experience with any of the following balls, preferably with at least 2 of them, so as to be able to give a comparison in relation to their coverstock strength and overall core/cover strength and performance.

Radical original Guru, Xeno, Jackpot Solid, Ridiculous, and Ridiculous Asym

Also any experience with one or more of the above compared to the Storm Rocketship for a comparison of coverstock strength would be great.
PAP 5x1 1/8
15.5mph off hand
260-270rev rate
7* tilt
70* rotation
river800
THS Average: 202
Preferred Company: Storm/radical

Re: ball comparisons?...xeno, jackpot solid, ridiculous

Post by river800 »

The black ridiculous is going to be pretty close to the rocket ship as far as motion goes.

The xeno black/red one has medium cover and with the core originally from the reax V 2 series it is very versatile. The black guru is as by design is at least 1-2 steps above the Xeno solid.

With the comparisons that you are looking for, what are you specifically looking for? Are you wanting to purchasing one of these or a few of these or do you already have at least 2 of these balls?
Stats:
Right handed
Pap is 4 3/4 x 3/8 up currently
Speed around 16.5 off hand
Tilt in the 14-16* range
Rev rate: around 325 - 350 or so
Axis rotation in the 25-70* range
I bowl on Brunswick synthetics. Ths...
bfweld

Re: ball comparisons?...xeno, jackpot solid, ridiculous

Post by bfweld »

I have a Rocketship drilled to my benchmark of 70x4x35. Just trying to get a comparison so I can judge how strong each of the balls listed would be compared to it and compared to each other.

I've heard different info about the xeno and it's coverstock strength...some say it's weaker then the Jackpot solid, others say it is stronger...even Radical's site has different info, one of their charts lists the xeno as weaker then the jackpot solid and the other lists it as stronger.........and I'm talking stronger in terms of how much oil the coverstock can handle.

I was figuring the Ridiculous would be close to the rocketship in terms of overall strength...but I had heard that some people consider it to be much stronger then one may think just looking at it on paper.
PAP 5x1 1/8
15.5mph off hand
260-270rev rate
7* tilt
70* rotation