Layout request

Bowling ball related topics including new products, arsenals and comparisons.

Moderator: Moderators

TonyPR
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Preferred Company: Radical

Re: Layout request

Post by TonyPR »

JohnP you are correct, sorry I didn't look at that.
Silver Level Coach
Kegel KCMP1 and KCMP2 Completed /Approved Exam
Kegel KCMP3 Completed
Kegel Certified Pro Shop Operator
Free agent
spmcgivern
THS Average: 225
Positive Axis Point: 4 3/4" and 1/4" up
Speed: 17-18 at pindeck
Rev Rate: 400

Post by spmcgivern »

EricHartwell wrote:
Comments on your layouts.....45 X 4 3/4 X 25 and 65-4 3/4-25 1.8:1 and 2.6:1 Ratios respectively....

For more of a Benchmark reaction....
Symmetrical 80-4.5-25
RobMautner wrote:
Anyway, to answer your question, my "standard" layout is 45 X 4 3/4 X 25. When I purchase a more aggressive symmetrical, I will increase the pin to PAP distance to 5 1/4.
Rob's "standard" layout is no different than your suggested benchmark. I just want to make sure you are seeing his standard layout as not anything bad. Perhaps a difference in how it is represented here. Having a drilling angle doesn't really matter when showing a symmetrical drilling. So Rob's X x 4.5 x 25 isn't much different than your X x 4.75 x 25.
EricHartwell
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 4-3/4" and 1/2"up
Speed: 16 off hand
Rev Rate: 330
Axis Tilt: 12
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical Tremendous, EVO solid, Hammer Obsession
Medium Oil Ball: EVO pearl, True Motion, Columbia Command, DV8 Intimidator
Light Oil Ball: Blue Hammer

Post by EricHartwell »

spmcgivern wrote:Rob's "standard" layout is no different than your suggested benchmark. I just want to make sure you are seeing his standard layout as not anything bad. Perhaps a difference in how it is represented here. Having a drilling angle doesn't really matter when showing a symmetrical drilling. So Rob's X x 4.5 x 25 isn't much different than your X x 4.75 x 25.
True...
My Benchmark for him, the drilling angle was derived from the Asym benchmark. It is a target and based on the thumbhole and if it would need a balance hole or not. I also did not consider what his Benchmark/standard layout was when I was figuring it out. So basically his Symmetrical balls are drilled Benchmark or the stronger ones with 5 1/4" pin are the low flare. Like I have said many times the Benchmark is a Strong layout often too strong for THS, just as Rob has come to find out.

His choice for the 70 X 4.5 X 40 is basically a Symmetrical Control layout for his style of bowling.
To the Thumbhole and no balance hole the layout will be closer to 80-4.5-40
Eric Hartwell

Right Handed
PAP 4.75" up 1/2"
45* rotation
12* tilt
330 rev rate
16 mph off hand
TonyPR
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Preferred Company: Radical

Post by TonyPR »

...and with the position of the cg he can choose: a motion hole, a hole in the PAP, a hole 2.5" down the VAL, or a double thumb to tune his symmetrical. Surface adjustments will also bring many options and it's just one darn layout :D
Silver Level Coach
Kegel KCMP1 and KCMP2 Completed /Approved Exam
Kegel KCMP3 Completed
Kegel Certified Pro Shop Operator
Free agent