What would you suggest?

Bowling ball related topics including new products, arsenals and comparisons.

Moderator: Moderators

JayBird81
Preferred Company: Storm

What would you suggest?

Post by JayBird81 »

So it's been a while since I've bowled and been up on the equipment in bowling and there have been quite a few changes in the names of the cores and covers so it becomes confusing when trying to find a ball with a similar reaction to my old equipment that I used to have. What I'm looking for is something that has the length and strong yet consistent reaction in the carry down that my old El Nino Wrath had. Does Storm make a ball currently that has a similar cover and core so I can mess around with a few layouts for it? What would you suggest from other companies that would be similar?
Glenn

Re: What would you suggest?

Post by Glenn »

JayBird,

I occasionally bowl against a guy still using a Storm El Nino Gold.

The Storm El Nino Wrath was an offering in the Master Line.
It had a "polished" Curelyon2™ ReactaFleck (particle) Pearl Reactive cover-stock
The ball had a symmetrical External Motion Control Quad Technology™ (light bulb with a flip block) core
Its specs were RG = 2.49, DIFF = 0.065 (really !??)
I think it was advertised for lighter or drier oil conditions...

Storm always says to look in the same (today's Master) line as the ball you are trying to replace, but ...
I am not aware of any company that advertises particle balls these days, but some probably have particles in the more aggressive coverstocks.
The highest DIFF today hovers around .055 with RG around 2.50 or less. ABS has one pearl at 0.060, and all of these balls will likely be for heavier oil conditions.

Some that MIGHT meet your needs as a low RG, high DIFF, and Pearl are: ABS Accu Rise II, Hammer Black Widow Gold (and urethane), 900 Global Tactical Ops, and Track Paradox V. These will all be aggressive and for heavier volumes of oil OOB. I did NOT try to determine what bowling balls would match up on reaction and shape - Pro Shop might be better suited to do that for you?