Practice continues

Have our certified coaches analyze your game!

Moderators: TonyPR, deanchamp, Moderators

Forum rules
In this forum you can post your YouTube videos for the coaches to review.
Users can only create new posts, only Certified Coaches can respond.
Make sure your questions are thorough, registered users can only create new topics and edit, not reply.
If you have a change in your game or would like to reply, you can edit your post then bump it using the BUMP link.
fufu
THS Average: 230
Positive Axis Point: 5 right, 3/8 up
Speed: 16
Rev Rate: 320
Axis Tilt: 17
Axis Rotation: 55

Practice continues

Post by fufu »

Been working some changes, getting the ball more in front of me and getting my timing later.

Change #1
--move my starting position in front of my right stomach. The intent here is to straighten my pushaway and reduce the need to muscle the ball down from the top of the swing.

Change #2
--my timing had become earlier than I can ever remember. I really hadn't noticed it until I made it a point to get the ball later in the swing. This has restored what rev rate I did have a few years ago.
--in addition, I've gone back to a 5 step approach. I felt like my timing is better and if I'm gonna make a timing mistake with 5 it will be late. With 4, I was making the mistake of being early into the swing.

Change #3
--thumb pitch change from 1/8 fwd to 1/8 rev. I can't explain this really, but I stay in the ball longer and clear it easily with the rev, but with the 1/8 fwd I basically dropped the ball off my hand.

I'm trying to only bowl on sport compliant patterns as I prepare to bowl my first regional. Last night, avg'd 218 for 6 games. I'm gonna bowl on the Cheetah friday night in a PBAX league.

I'll try to get some vids friday night.

Mo, I appreciate the suggestion. Did you ever get my phone #?
Last edited by fufu on June 10th, 2010, 10:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
http://www.rotogrip.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.facebook.com/Round-Holes-No ... 602077080/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace
Preferred Company: MoRich, & now RADICAL BT

Re: Practice continues

Post by Mo Pinel »

fufu wrote:Been working some changes, getting the ball more in front of me and getting my timing later.

Change #1
--move my starting position in front of my right stomach. The intent here is to straighten my pushaway and reduce the need to muscle the ball down from the top of the swing.

Change #2
--my timing had become earlier than I can ever remember. I really hadn't noticed it until I made it a point to get the ball later in the swing. This has restored what rev rate I did have a few years ago.
--in addition, I've gone back to a 5 step approach. I felt like my timing is better and if I'm gonna make a timing mistake with 5 it will be late. With 4, I was making the mistake of being early into the swing.

Change #3
--thumb pitch change from 1/8 fwd to 1/8 rev. I can't explain this really, but I stay in the ball longer and clear it easily with the rev, but with the 1/8 fwd I basically dropped the ball off my hand.

I'm trying to only bowl on sport compliant patterns as I prepare to bowl my first regional. Last night, avg'd 218 for 6 games. I'm gonna bowl on the Cheetah friday night in a PBAX league.

Mo, I appreciate the suggestion. Did you ever get my phone #?

I got the phone#. Sent you a PM. When can I call you tomorrow? Check your PM from me.
Rest In Peace (1942-2021)