Wish to hear from the experts.......

Have our certified coaches analyze your game!

Moderators: TonyPR, deanchamp, Moderators

Forum rules
In this forum you can post your YouTube videos for the coaches to review.
Users can only create new posts, only Certified Coaches can respond.
Make sure your questions are thorough, registered users can only create new topics and edit, not reply.
If you have a change in your game or would like to reply, you can edit your post then bump it using the BUMP link.
fufu
THS Average: 230
Positive Axis Point: 5 right, 3/8 up
Speed: 16
Rev Rate: 320
Axis Tilt: 17
Axis Rotation: 55

Wish to hear from the experts.......

Post by fufu »

A few years back, I was an okay bowler... I was one dimensional and struggled to repeat shots. I decided some changes were in order for me to compete at a higher level. I sought out a coach and began a process of changing my game for the better.

The results are day and night, I can repeat shots much better. I can diagnose issues and make on the fly corrections. Overall, my game is much better and my tournament cashes and wins speak to the success of my changes.

I was bowling very well towards the end of last season. I deployed to the middle east(active duty air force) from May to late Sept. My game never really came back like it has in the past. I bowled well in spurts and pretty poorly at times too(didn't say scored, just execution).

I'm happy with my mechanics, but I want my rev rate back. My old rev rate was "higher than most"(calculated near 400), today is middle of the road(closer to 300)and at times I feel my carry suffers due to my decrease in rev rate.

Furthermore, I'm still not happy with how I clear the ball. At times, I feel like I completely miss the ball at the bottom. I experimented with some pitches during the season and never settled on anything i really liked. Using the charts, I should be around 1/8 rev and 1/8 left, but using left tears up my thumb. I'm currently using 1/8 fwd and 1/16 right. There is more info in my "effects of too much fwd pitch" in the general forum.

I have a few videos for viewing. What I notice is the my right shoulder is in more of a leverage position in my old swing. My new swing it is more in a classic stroker style swing. I'd like to hear the experts on the issues I feel I'm facing

a. loss of rev rate
--can I increase this an maintain my ability to repeat shots?
b. My inconsistent feel on the ball in my hand

Old swing(2003):
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Changes(2006):

Current swing(2010):
http://www.rotogrip.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.facebook.com/Round-Holes-No ... 602077080/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace
Preferred Company: MoRich, & now RADICAL BT

Re: Wish to hear from the experts.......

Post by Mo Pinel »

fufu wrote:A few years back, I was an okay bowler... I was one dimensional and struggled to repeat shots. I decided some changes were in order for me to compete at a higher level. I sought out a coach and began a process of changing my game for the better.

The results are day and night, I can repeat shots much better. I can diagnose issues and make on the fly corrections. Overall, my game is much better and my tournament cashes and wins speak to the success of my changes.

I was bowling very well towards the end of last season. I deployed to the middle east(active duty air force) from May to late Sept. My game never really came back like it has in the past. I bowled well in spurts and pretty poorly at times too(didn't say scored, just execution).

I'm happy with my mechanics, but I want my rev rate back. My old rev rate was "higher than most"(calculated near 400), today is middle of the road(closer to 300)and at times I feel my carry suffers due to my decrease in rev rate.

Furthermore, I'm still not happy with how I clear the ball. At times, I feel like I completely miss the ball at the bottom. I experimented with some pitches during the season and never settled on anything i really liked. Using the charts, I should be around 1/8 rev and 1/8 left, but using left tears up my thumb. I'm currently using 1/8 fwd and 1/16 right. There is more info in my "effects of too much fwd pitch" in the general forum.

I have a few videos for viewing. What I notice is the my right shoulder is in more of a leverage position in my old swing. My new swing it is more in a classic stroker style swing. I'd like to hear the experts on the issues I feel I'm facing

a. loss of rev rate
--can I increase this an maintain my ability to repeat shots?
b. My inconsistent feel on the ball in my hand

Old swing(2003):

Changes(2006):

Current swing(2010):
We're going to have to do this one over the phone. The solution involves moving your head right so it is directly over the ball and learning the "shift bowl technique" in order to get the ball in the correct place so you don't have to pull down from the top. PM me your phone number and I'll call you and get this done. This change will not be a tough as it may sound.
Rest In Peace (1942-2021)