What do I need to work on?

Have our certified coaches analyze your game!

Moderators: TonyPR, deanchamp, Moderators

Forum rules
In this forum you can post your YouTube videos for the coaches to review.
Users can only create new posts, only Certified Coaches can respond.
Make sure your questions are thorough, registered users can only create new topics and edit, not reply.
If you have a change in your game or would like to reply, you can edit your post then bump it using the BUMP link.
chucks0
THS Average: 220
Positive Axis Point: 4 1/4 Over - 1/8 down
Speed: 17-18 at Release
Rev Rate: 425
Axis Tilt: 15
Axis Rotation: 65
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical Yeti Untamed or Rotogrip Disturbed
Medium Oil Ball: Radical Yeti
Light Oil Ball: Brunswick Avalanche Solid
Preferred Company: Radical

What do I need to work on?

Post by chucks0 »

Now that I have gotten Mo to guide me in choosing more appropriate layouts for my game, it is time to see what I need to work on to improve my game. Here is a video of me throwing a couple of shots with the Mania.

http://www.bowlmidlands.org/content/files/Mania.wmv
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace
Preferred Company: MoRich, & now RADICAL BT

Re: What do I need to work on?

Post by Mo Pinel »

chucks0 wrote:Now that I have gotten Mo to guide me in choosing more appropriate layouts for my game, it is time to see what I need to work on to improve my game. Here is a video of me throwing a couple of shots with the Mania.

http://www.bowlmidlands.org/content/files/Mania.wmv
A pretty good game, so all it needs is a little tweaking. I see two things that will help. First, the ball is too far to the right. Place your chin over the little toe on your right foot in the stance. Place the ball under your chin. Now your head, and the ball, are in the same vertical plane. Keep the ball in that plane (which includes your head, the ball, and the target) during the hinge. This will result in you walking more left to right, which is good. This will, also, result in you standing a little further right to play the same target to accommodate the right to left walk. This will increase your leverage. Second, you are hitting the ball too soon. WAIT TO HIT THE BALL! If you hit the ball (accelerate your armswing) while the thumb is still in the ball, all you'll accomplish will be to throw it more, instead of rolling it better. If you hit the ball just as the thumb clears the ball, the acceleration of the hand will result in a cleaner, stronger release and an increase in your rev rate in relation to your ball speed. Oh, just one more thing. softer knees, please, and hold your finish.

Hope this helps.
Rest In Peace (1942-2021)