Fix me...

Have our certified coaches analyze your game!

Moderators: TonyPR, deanchamp, Moderators

Forum rules
In this forum you can post your YouTube videos for the coaches to review.
Users can only create new posts, only Certified Coaches can respond.
Make sure your questions are thorough, registered users can only create new topics and edit, not reply.
If you have a change in your game or would like to reply, you can edit your post then bump it using the BUMP link.
MattInTheHat
THS Average: 201
Positive Axis Point: 4 9/16 -> 15/16 ^
Speed: 17-17.5 off hand
Rev Rate: 270
Axis Tilt: 17
Axis Rotation: 75
Heavy Oil Ball: TR2
Medium Oil Ball: QZ1 / TX1
Light Oil Ball: RX1
Preferred Company: Motiv

Fix me...

Post by MattInTheHat »

If it's possible! ;)

Ok, got too much stuff in my head and am trying to clear it out and get back to my basic game. In watching this video I noticed three things that I've either been trying to remove or add to my game, and thought I was doing differently. The first few shots I felt pretty good, then started getting more hit and miss, until at the end I'm pretty off my game.

The first thing is that in my setup I've been trying to bend my knees more, get my butt out, generally starting a little more in a squat and staying there through the approach. I thought I was doing this more than it appears to be in the video.

Second is my 3rd step, it's short and chopped, which is something I've been trying to fix and at one point in the past had under control. Unfortunately it has found a way back into my approach, so I will need to practice just walking some more.

Third is that to me my swing looks better than it feels. I think I'm still forcing the ball too much but am not sure. In a number of shots my wrist is not in as strong of a position at the release as I would like it to be and I'm not sure if that is because I'm pulling on the ball or because of habit (or some of both). I'm also still getting around the ball pretty good, this is most evident in some of the last shots.

If you would like to see anything higher quality or in slow motion just let me know. I also need to get some close up shots of my release to get a better idea of what's going on with it.

[youtube][/youtube]

Any advice would be appreciated.
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace
Preferred Company: MoRich, & now RADICAL BT

Re: Fix me...

Post by Mo Pinel »

MattInTheHat wrote:If it's possible! ;)

Ok, got too much stuff in my head and am trying to clear it out and get back to my basic game. In watching this video I noticed three things that I've either been trying to remove or add to my game, and thought I was doing differently. The first few shots I felt pretty good, then started getting more hit and miss, until at the end I'm pretty off my game.

The first thing is that in my setup I've been trying to bend my knees more, get my butt out, generally starting a little more in a squat and staying there through the approach. I thought I was doing this more than it appears to be in the video.

Second is my 3rd step, it's short and chopped, which is something I've been trying to fix and at one point in the past had under control. Unfortunately it has found a way back into my approach, so I will need to practice just walking some more.

Third is that to me my swing looks better than it feels. I think I'm still forcing the ball too much but am not sure. In a number of shots my wrist is not in as strong of a position at the release as I would like it to be and I'm not sure if that is because I'm pulling on the ball or because of habit (or some of both). I'm also still getting around the ball pretty good, this is most evident in some of the last shots.

If you would like to see anything higher quality or in slow motion just let me know. I also need to get some close up shots of my release to get a better idea of what's going on with it.

[youtube][/youtube]

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks for an easy one. As your right arm comes thru from the top of the backswing, your head moves 3 to 4" left. This results in a change in your lateral spine tilt as the ball approaches the release point. Your head should be directly above the ball during the entire approach. This means your chin should be 5 to 6" right of the right edge of your slide foot during the release and the follow thru. Foot, knee, toe in line at release hasn't held up for almost a decade. Look at Kelly Kulick. See went to focusing on this and it contributed to her rise to the level of success that she has achieved. Just check with her. SHOOT THE RIFLE AND DON'T PULL YOUR HEAD OFF THE SHOT!
Rest In Peace (1942-2021)
MattInTheHat
THS Average: 201
Positive Axis Point: 4 9/16 -> 15/16 ^
Speed: 17-17.5 off hand
Rev Rate: 270
Axis Tilt: 17
Axis Rotation: 75
Heavy Oil Ball: TR2
Medium Oil Ball: QZ1 / TX1
Light Oil Ball: RX1
Preferred Company: Motiv

Post by MattInTheHat »

Thanks Mo,

I've had a problem with a bouncing head for as long as I can remember, used to be really bad when my 3rd step was more of a rise up on my toe and pause for a second motion. Would you say the reason I'm pulling my head left is because I'm still pulling the ball down, or could it be more of a timing problem, or just a bad habit? I used to pop up at the line years ago and wonder if this is a leftover motion from that?
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace
Preferred Company: MoRich, & now RADICAL BT

Post by Mo Pinel »

MattInTheHat wrote:Thanks Mo,

I've had a problem with a bouncing head for as long as I can remember, used to be really bad when my 3rd step was more of a rise up on my toe and pause for a second motion. Would you say the reason I'm pulling my head left is because I'm still pulling the ball down, or could it be more of a timing problem, or just a bad habit? I used to pop up at the line years ago and wonder if this is a leftover motion from that?
Just focus on keeping the head in the right place at release. Exactly where I described it should be. You probably have never worked on your head position.
Rest In Peace (1942-2021)